9 players. Help.

Eltern

First Post
I do use a battlemat, it's about 2x4 feet. I'll probably be using that and a little bit of maps thrown up on the TV via my laptop. I can't imagine using graph paper like you describe! It's so -tiny-! :D

Jasper said:
Don't worry about a big group as some will lose interest and others will not always make to the game.

That won't work with my group. We've been this size for two years.

Eltern said:
I do use a battlemat, it's about 2x4 feet. I'll probably be using that and a little bit of maps thrown up on the TV via my laptop. I can't imagine using graph paper like you describe! It's so -tiny-! :D

If I knew how to do a battlemat quickly, I could do that - just copy from graph paper to battlemat. But, in practice, that isn't likely to work.

But hey, payday is today. I'll see if I can get that to work.

On a note above: I'd love to actually split the group, but it won't happen. Every players claims they like each game, after all, and prepping for GMing is a lot of work (so the other GMs would rather run one game every four weeks than one every two weeks, for instance). And it's a social game, so there's lots of chatter. *Sigh*.

Last edited:

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Kill 'em early & often (we are talking RTTOEE). :D

Let players who's PC died run NPC/Monster's for the rest of the game.

A couple of players may quit, at which point you have managable group. ;)

With those mods, cut out some of the repetitive parts. Repetitive dungeon-crawling is bad enough, but with 9 PCs battles might take forever (especially if you "scale up" the encounters to keep it "balanced" for such a large party).

Eltern said:
Buy a pad of large, 1" graph paper. Pre-draw as much as you can. Saves a lot of time in some of our games.

Remove ads