• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Bloody Little Tale

steelshark

First Post
Diego Delacosta
[size=-2]Human Telepath 1 stats[/size]
[imagel]http://cddr.free.fr/jdr/baldur/pnjpj/images/eldoth.jpg[/imagel]
"I guess you're right....those people surely are in dire need of our help." Diego slowly walks over to Lorrikh.
"So....did you find anything...any hints that could lead us to the missing 4 ?"

Ero Gaki

First Post
Rune looks to each of his newfound companions before speaking.

"So are we to just blindly blunder into the woods, without a plan? I agree that the lost ones need us, but to move without even getting to know each other or our capabilities seems rather... impulsive. We do the lost four an injustice by tromping into unknown danger unprepared."

steelshark

First Post
Diego Delacosta

Well...it seems like we already have different opinions...but i really have to say that our friend here..." Diego briefly looks over to Rune "is probably right. We just need more information, and we need to know each others abilities...otherwise we might be on the list of missing persons too very soon. I beg you all, lets find a safe place and take an hour or so time to get together and find out what we can. I'm sure that way we will help the missing one's better than just blindly stepping into every foul trap and ambush."

Last edited:

Einan

First Post
Ulvan shakes his head. "If you're here to help free those poor people, then I know all I need to know of you. Time is of the essence. We cannot afford to indulge our own needs at their expense. We must seek them now. We can speak of each other on the way to save them." Without waiting for an answer, Ulvan shoulders his sack and loosens his greatsword in its sheath on his back. "I, for one, am Ulvan, a healer and man in service to Drake. Let us talk as we travel."

Ero Gaki

First Post
Rune sighs at Ulvan's words, and shoulders his pack.

"Your desire to aid the helpless does you justice. Let us hope that your enthusiasum does not lead to our demise, and to those we seek to find."

Last edited:

Ion

Explorer
Lorrikh
[SIZE=-2]Half-Orc Fighter 1 stats[/SIZE]

[imagel]http://homepage.usask.ca/~rad764/dnd/lorrikh-avatar.jpg[/imagel]

"I just don't get it Diego, why aren't there trees here? Something isn't right, but I don't know what...

Lorrikh keeps puzzling and looking around, studying tracks and trees and any other signs of life. Lost in his throughts, he naturally falls in behind whoever seems to be leading the party.

"Who do you think is in here?" He asks out loud as they march through the skeletal oak and snow covered fur trees. "How will we know when we find them?"

[sblock]For what it's worth I'd like to make a check (Survival +4) to see if I can glean any more information about what is wrong with the forest, though I doubt I'd be able to draw any conclusions as to why it's wrong.[/sblock]

Last edited:

steelshark

First Post
Diego Delacosta

Diego sighs at the thought of not beeing prepared. Slowly walking over to Lorrikh, Diego keeps staring into the forrest and line where it suddenly stops.

"I don't know why the trees stop growing here." Diego draws an imaginary line along the parts of the forest where it suddenly stops growing. "Does anyone of you have any idea what could cause such unnatural growth ?" He asks around...not really suspecting an answer.

OOC:
[sblock] Diego is still looking for psionic or magic auras with detect psionics[/sblock]

Azaar

Explorer
"I would say to ask a druid or ranger, but I don't believe any of you are, unless my eyes deceive me," responds Farsis quietly, continuing his watch for another glimpse of the mysterious figure he saw moments earlier. "As for myself... well, let's just say that my notoriety for having certain abilities of a mystical nature is something I have to keep rather quiet, lest the folk of whatever village or town I enter run me out with a pitchfork and torch-wielding mob." From his tone, it sounds as if Farsis has indeed been the recipient of such treatment on a few occasions.

(( OOC: Feel free to roll my Search or Spot skill, whichever's more appropriate ))

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Relon Debaro

"That is a good question, knowing what abilities comprise our group would be important. But I believe we can discuss this right here before we leave out, no sense turning back." Relon offers his hand to Diego, "Diego isn't it? If your pack is slowing you down, I'm sure Sussie could carry it for you, she can handle far more than she already holds." He points to the pack on the donkey's back.

"As for myself, I have small bit of what's known as psionic power and a few skills I learned from somewhat disreputable people."

KikuNoMaru

First Post
Bremen shrugs at the direction the conversation has taken. Maybe it won't get that cold. He thinks to himself. He was more used to the streets and alleys of cities, where a sturdy house or tavern nearby would provide some warmth, and where the buildings provided some wind cover.

"If we are to move, I think we should decide on how were going to do it. These woods may be dangerous. As for me - I have little skill but for moving undetected... most of the time."

[sblock]Bremen will keep his eyes and ears open for any sounds not of this party, and also will attempt to take last position in the marching order and make a Hide attempt (+14).

(I hope that if we are being watched, the midget might be less noticed in the back. Also, I hope the sound of the party marching in snow might make enough noise that a MS attempt is not needed.)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads