• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Bloody Little Tale

Einan

First Post
"These are dark times in dark places. If these stalkers meant us harm, they had ample time to attack us on the road. I would guess they are villagers who mean to make sure we are friendly before they allow us near their homes. Let us act in peace, but be ready for trouble." With this Ulvan sighs, composes himself and walks forward to knock on the door with the fireplace burning. "Hello! We are travelers sent here by the Tracker's Guild to search for lost villagers. Is anyone home?"

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Relon Debaro

Relon carefully moves back and gently touches the butt of the crossbow slung over his shoulder. "Something about this place makes me uneasy."

Ero Gaki

First Post
Rune glances nervously around the area, clutching his staff tightly.

"I agree Relon, I find myself ill at ease. Between being followed and the forest..."

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Diego:
[sblock]You look through the small village but fail to determine the reason behind the lack of activity in the town. (Let you take 20 on that one, 20 + 4 = 24) [/sblock]

As the cleric Ulvan knocks upon the door it slowly swings open. The inside of the house is lit by a fireplace and it contains only one room. The room is well appointed with a small bed, a dresser, several shelves holding various sundry items, and a small cage for an animal located near the bed. The cottage would be a nice place to stay, if it were not for the body in the back corner.

The corpse is that of an elven male of indeterminate age, his flesh seems withered and drawn against the bone and the flesh is as white as snow. The cadaver is dressed in furs and clothing that suggests he is a huntsman or perhaps a druid. A small wound is located on the side of the man just below the final rib and his face is contorted in a look of horror. In his left hand he clenches a piece of paper, bloodied by his wound, and in his right he holds a scimitar loosely.

Einan

First Post
Ulvan gasps, "By Drake's hand!" He moves toward the body and inspects it (Heal +6). After he's done determining exactly what killed it, he pulls forth his holy symbol and touches it to the corpse's forehead, murmuring a prayer to Drake to guide this one's soul to the afterlife. He then removes the note and lays it aside. He composes the corpse, places the scimitar across its chest and goes outside to begin building a funeral pyre for him.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"I told you all this place bothered me."

Relon looks at the corpse, and examines the scimitar to see if there's any blood on it.

Ion

Explorer
Lorrikh
[SIZE=-2]Half-Orc Fighter 1 stats[/SIZE]

[imagel]http://homepage.usask.ca/~rad764/dnd/lorrikh-avatar.jpg[/imagel]

Standing next to Ulvan as he inspects the body Lorrikh asks “How long has he been dead?”

He follows the priest outside on his way to construct a pyre, "What about the rest of the city? This man is dead, he will still be dead at the end of the day. We should go in pairs and search for someone who is alive in this city." He walks back outside and starts to look around in the snow on the ground, searching for tracks made by someone not in the group. "Diego, where should we start looking?"

KikuNoMaru

First Post
"I agree. It would be wise to search the other houses for any other... people," He says, glancing at the corpse, "Or at least some signs of what happened here."

"This man was no midwife - and whatever happened to him, happened fast." Bremen says, glancing around the room for any signs of struggle. "That fire could not have been lit that long. Either it was lit by him, or someone else after the deed was done." He states.

[sblock]
Bremen will search the room for any signs of a struggle (search +6). He will check if the body seems to be killed here - or was moved here and died later. Also, he will examine the fireplace to see how much wood/ash is in there to determine how long it has been lit.

search +6.
int check?

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ero Gaki

First Post
"We should make haste. Whoever or whatever did this may still be in the area." Rune moves to study the room, looking for anything of a magical nature.

OCC: Rune will cast detect magic and scan the room, as well as the immediate area. Also, I don't know how to make spoiler tags. Could someone show me? Thanks :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads