A Brief Interlude

Gerald007

First Post
"Don't believe everything Borric says. The rumor over at the ....establishment is that he wears his pajamas most all the time anyway. Sounds kinda strange to me," Syl cackles, quite pleased to be joking with his friends. "And anyway, after seeing what you did to that mage, Borric, I have no objection to you carrying as many or few weapons as you are comfortable with. I can still hear the crack of his noggin.' As for me, I'm hoping the Pearl has improved their selection of scrolls. I cleaned them out last time."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As the group mills through the crowd they give the stalls they pass a curious glance but move on.

Hawkers cry their wares or services...

"Sharpen your sword while you wait! Sharpen your sword!"
one man says as he walks the crowd carrying a portable whetstone wheel.

"Pins, ribbon, and silks! Pins, ribbon, and silks!" A woman offers as she moves along carrying a large pole with a cross guard full of silk scarves, sashes, and ribbon in dozens of colors hanging from it.

"Meat pies! Hot meat pies!" on vendor call as he serves from his cart.

Added to the conversation of all the voices in the area it is lucky when Borrik catches a gruff voice call out. "... finest armor in all the lands! Dwarven made and stronger than any you'll find anywhere! I have the finest armor in all the lands!"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

As boisterous as Borric appears, his lurid tales are never about his exploits. He relishes in the descriptions of the different people and things he has seen, not shy in the least about the details or providing his connoisseur-like opinion on the matters.

"Syl, I might exaggerate for effect, but I never lie. Some of the shows to had in these brothels stretch the imagination enough as it is."

Hearing someone cry out about fine armors, he stretches out his arms to halt the group's procession, nearly whacking Zelena in the head by accident with his heavy shield.

"Ho, HO! I just heard someone mention finely made dwarven armor at discount prices. This way, mates."

He gestures in the direction of the gruff voice.

[sblock=OOC]I imagine the Night Court Brothels that Borric is so found of as mix of the higher end courtesan guild establishments (similar vein to what is in Jacqueline Carey's books of Kushiel's Legacy) and the stories (did not see much of them myself personally, but I saw enough ;)) seedy red-light districts of Bangkok and Phuket, Thailand.

Good thing this is a family show. :p[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 21 (19 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena almost runs into the shielded arm as she was eying some of the fine silk scarves and the like. Back with the group she nods at Borric's suggestion and answers, "Cannot hurt to look..."

Gerald007

First Post
"Wonder if they have anything in your size, Waltor? Goodness knows, I can't use anything there," Syl discussed with Waltor, but dutifully follows his mates toward the armory. "Better armor for Borric means less healing I have to do and less demons punching me in the face. By all means, let's shop!"

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena looks to Syl and then to the scorpion. "Armor eh? That would be... different. Kinda neat actually."

[sblock=Zelena's Status]Gnome Cleric 1/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
Conditions: none
AC: 19 (13 touch; 17 flat-footed)
HP: 26 of 26
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +7
In Hand: none
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Stablize; (1st level) Bless, Protection from Evil, Remove Fear(d) (color notes cast)
Arcane Spell Slots 0-level (at will) 1st level: O O O O (Grease, Silent Image, Vanish)
Channeling: 5 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 1 of 1 attempts remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining [/sblock]

Last edited:

Gerald007

First Post
"I think he'd be too fussy to keep a helmet on though," Syl replies, watching WAlter peering around looking at all the crush of excitement in the shopping district.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Borrik steps up to a stall that seems to be covered in pieces of armor of every style and size. As he quickly looks over the wears a one eyed dwarf steps up on a stool and folds his arms.

"Who made that shoddy piece o' metal ye be wear'n?" he says both bluntly and gruffly.

Fury, Zelena, and Slyvain step up to peer at the stall and it's owner.

[sblock=OCC] Main part starts tommorrow night my computer willing.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric slams a fist into his well-made breastplate and begins the process of bargaining, "Nothing wrong with this craftsmanship, boyo. I see nothing of equal quality in your stocks."

"Let me examine some of your field plate and we'll compare. And none made from that weak steel mined by Clan Snot-nose either."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +4
AC: 21 (19 without shield, 19 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 33 Current: 33
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +2 (+3 vs. Fear)

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield[/sblock]___________________________

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Ye see nutin' out here where it can be stolen is fer sure." the dwarf comments before looking Borric up and down with his single eye.

"Aye I may have sumeting ta fit ye." he says going to a chest behind him.

Remove ads