D&D 5E A Closer Look At January's D&D Rules Expansion Gift Set

WotC earlier announced a D&D Rules Expansion Gift Set for January, which includes three books - Xanathar's Guide to Everything, Tasha's Cauldron of Everything, and the new Mordenkainen Presents Monsters of the Multiverse. These were intended for the holidays, but the global production issues mean they'll be out in January. Here's a closer look at them!

1.jpeg
2.jpeg

Dragonsbane

Proud Grognard
Anyone else turned off by the fact this set is expensive AND most people who will buy it already have two of the three books? WOTC are geniuses of marketing.

Next they could release their new rules one book at a time, then a few months later sell them again in a group with a different cover, slip case, and double the price?

Hopefully this one will come out on PDF :)

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Anyone else turned off by the fact this set is expensive AND most people who will buy it already have two of the three books?
Wizards doesn't care about completionists because they are a tiny subset of the tens of millions of D&D players. A vast majority of players don't own any book within the Core2.
Now they might.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Anyone else turned off by the fact this set is expensive AND most people who will buy it already have two of the three books? WOTC are geniuses of marketing.

Next they could release their new rules one book at a time, then a few months later sell them again in a group with a different cover, slip case, and double the price?

Hopefully this one will come out on PDF :)
A business doing everything it can to maximize profits. I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Just because its par for the course doesnt mean it isn't disappointing and frustrating. I'm pretty unhappy that I can't just get the new material.
Oh, don’t get me wrong. It‘s a bad choice for the game and the fans, and it is frustrating as hell, but it’s a good business decision (i.e. the only thing that matters is making as much money as possible). I’m just tired of people pretending WotC isn’t a business first and a game publisher second. If the new hotness was pogs, we’d have D&D content released as pogs. For any adult or child over 12 who’s paid any attention at all to act surprised about business decisions being profits first is rather gauche.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases