• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A "Country Fair?"

W

WizO_Aoset

I've gotten a number of comments from various patrons about UnCon about how much fun the events were. Those same patrons who commented expressed an interest in participating in other smaller events through out the year.

So I listened. :) In fact I have an idea for one:

A country fair "style" (the actual flavor is up for discussion) event where chars from everywhere present their seasonal product, whatever that is, for judging and awards.

This could be anything from a huge pumpkin to prized mage crystals. There would be different categories of things presented. Say, food or edible items, plants, animals, or magical items.

It's a chance for people to flesh out their character backgrounds through the details of their homeworlds, come up with zany harvest time stories etc.

Opinions? Questions? Comments? Thoughts? Hesitations? Velaities? ;) Please, everyone, what do you think?

R

Rajak2.0

i think its a great idea for further development of character backgrounds and a chance to show off ppl's creative skills :D

Dontella

First Post
I concur with Rajy-poo.

It is a good idea. Would the "fair" have games and maybe one big concluding event? And hehe, how would it be run? Actually on the chat site, or via message boards..

Ohhh I so want to know more!

W

WizO_Aoset

This event would take place on the chat site in a four hour time spot, much like the in character dances.

Got any ideas for fair games or for a concluding event you would like to see? I can not promise everything suggested will be included but I'm certainly open to suggestions here. :)

D

Dragona Nightsky

Oooh! Can we have a Marshal Dunking Tank again? That was sooo much fun :D

Maybe other things like that like you'd see at a fair for the games. Things like darts, and trying to toss a ball into a glass, and stuff like that?

What do you think?

K

Knight0007

The Air Ship Arena

I played my first game as a pirateer working my way onboard a ship by having to defeating a number of crew wanna be's also wanting to gain employment by plundering pirates. It had givin me an idea to add that fight club style to a wealthy ship's captain who runs a large ship called the Blade Wind. As a form of gaining profit, the ships captain runs arena battles all over his ship as a form of entertainment willing to pay to watch as well as to gain the gold he and his crew need to fund their adventures. Tell me what you think and I will reply in time.

W

WizO_Aoset

The Airship Arena sounds a bit to large for a simple "country fair" and air borne things in Juxta (where this fair will take place) don't work out so well (see the new isrp pages *plug plug* ;) for details). However, it sounds like a great idea in general! I know there is an arena game board in the RPG section of the message boards, perhaps you can run that as a thread there. It sounds like a lot of fun :) Alternatively, if you really would like to run it as an event, perhaps you can flesh out the idea and send it in an email as an event proposal to be run at future date on the chat site in a setting where it would be possible.

My email is aoset@wizo.wizards.com, I would be happy to forward your idea to the ISRP team. That goes for anyone else with an idea for an even, by the way.

Now, back to the fair :)

Here is an updated list of events that will almost definitely be included -

-Main Event, a presentation of the seasonal product from a character's homeland run "country fair" style.

-A fair dance, that is line danceing with a fiddler and perhaps even a caller.

-A baking contest

-A Marshal Dunk Tank (We will be good sports about this ;) )

Here are some things that have been proposed that we would like to run -

-Weapons Contests
-Fireball Contest, where casters are rated for appearance, complexity, and showmanship when casting the arcane spell, fireball.

Now if anyone would like to volunteer to run an additional fair game at this event, or has another idea, please please, let me know.

Thanks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads