A D&D Edition... into a SINGLE picture... (?)

howandwhy99

Adventurer
Another one from me...

OD&D
G.I.%20Joe%201964.jpeg

AD&D
gijoe-5pack-gijoe-550x485.jpg

2E
img_1339.jpg

3E
Groupshot3.jpg

4E
gi_joe.jpg

Pathfinder
xtroop.jpg

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
I don't have the technical know-how, nor do I have suitable images, but I'm amazed nobody's hit this one yet:

1e = DOS
2e = Windows
3e = Linux
4e = Mac

What's scary is the more I think about it, the better that analogy works for me!

Lan-"DOS was always my favourite because I could make it do what I want rather than having to do what it wants"-efan

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Touhou Hijack, my images were actually pretty damning to all editions (save for the Modon post, that one was just charting the evolution of everyone's favorite mechanized planar race). In fact some of the most damning meanings are actually behind the most innocuous seeming of the images I choose.
Most of the posts have been trying for the funny rather than trying to start a flame war.

Trolls on both sides are being shouted down, though I will admit that some are wittier than others. (While some are only half-witty.) Seems the 4e trolls are busier this time around, or maybe just rolling badly on their Sneak rolls. It also seems like a lot of low post counts are chiming in. But don't worry, thick headed, moss covered, 3.X trolls will come lumbering down from the hills soon enough. (Then go back up, they forgot their clubs.)

The Auld Grump

Badwe

First Post
Most of the posts have been trying for the funny rather than trying to start a flame war.

Trolls on both sides are being shouted down, though I will admit that some are wittier than others. (While some are only half-witty.) Seems the 4e trolls are busier this time around, or maybe just rolling badly on their Sneak rolls. It also seems like a lot of low post counts are chiming in. But don't worry, thick headed, moss covered, 3.X trolls will come lumbering down from the hills soon enough. (Then go back up, they forgot their clubs.)

The Auld Grump

it's frustrating because i like 3.x, pathfinder, and 4e, so I don't want to counter with a series of images that puts down 3.x/PF. Meanwhile, someone actually took someone else's mock of 3.x and reversed the images as if that constitutes a damning argument. Oh well, back to reasonable attempts to sum in images:

OD&D
MAGIC-THE-GATHERING-ALPHA-GIANT-SPIDER-ALPC025.jpg

1e
ice-cauldron.jpg

2e
images

3e
wrath_of_god.jpg

PF
images

4e
15303.jpg

Essentials
images

only someone with their finger on the pulse of magic rules/development over the years will fully understand the differences highlighted.

Hussar

Legend

The Auld Grump

With that for inspiration - Trolls throughout the game.

Basic/Expert D&D

troll_FF.jpg

1e

ADD003MonsterManual203Troll.jpg

2e

2010-05-13-troll0.jpg

3e

MM35_PG248a.jpg

4e

4e_trolls.jpg

Pathfinder Troll

PZO9032-Troll.jpg

Last edited:

WheresMyD20

First Post
It also seems like a lot of low post counts are chiming in.

It seems like the ones with the lowest post counts are the ones shouting the loudest about "edition warring".

What's really odd is that several of these low post counts seem to stop posting only to have another low post count show up with the exact same criticisms. Things like "X class is underpowered in Y edition". Hmmmm......

Hussar

Legend
Heh, one thing about it, the poor troll put on some pounds over the years. :D Then again, looking at the early pics, he bloody well needed a bit.

WheresMyD20

First Post
Hi,

Shouldn't someone more clever than I, post pictures of Coke, New Coke, Classic Coke, and somesuch?

I don't know where to find the pics, and can't figure out which soda would go with which edition.

RK

There's another post that has a list of cokes for each edition, but I thought I'd add this one since it seemed appropriate:

Hackmaster
3838692831_c0babfc5d5.jpg

(BTW - just so this doesn't get misinterpreted, I'm playing on the fact that Hackmaster tends to have artwork that's an over-the-top bloody parody of classic D&D. I'm not hating on Hackmaster :))

TheAuldGrump

First Post
With that for inspiration - Trolls throughout the game.

Basic/Expert D&D

troll_FF.jpg

1e

ADD003MonsterManual203Troll.jpg

2e

2010-05-13-troll0.jpg

3e

MM35_PG248a.jpg

4e

4e_trolls.jpg

Pathfinder Troll

PZO9032-Troll.jpg
Damn you! I just spent the last while doing the same thing! :eek:

Troll 0 by TheAuldGrump, on Flickr

Troll 1 by TheAuldGrump, on Flickr

Troll 2 by TheAuldGrump, on Flickr

Troll 3 by TheAuldGrump, on Flickr

Troll 4 by TheAuldGrump, on Flickr

Troll P by TheAuldGrump, on Flickr

I would like to dedicate this redundant post to all the Sock Puppets out there.

The Auld Grump

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads