• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Dance With Dragons Release Date Accurate?

The Serge

First Post
Is the release date of September 30th according to [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0553801473/ref=s9newrf_c5_img1-rfc_g1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-5&pf_rd_r=11WZY1GNK3HRNK8WXCR4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=279438501&pf_rd_i=507846]Amazon[/ame] accurate?

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Well, since he hasn't finished writing it I don't believe it is accurate. Currently he is in Iberian Peninsular on a book tour and won't be back home til the end of July or early August, just look at his Appearences link to see where he is going to be. He doesn't write when he's not at home because his research/work materials/notes are too large for he to take with him when he travels.

I doubt we'll get the book before Christmas. :( It all depends on how much more he has to put in this book. I'm hoping for March 2009 but you never know.

Check out his website http://www.georgerrmartin.com. Just click on the 'Update Shield' and the 'Not a Blog Shield' to get the up-to-date news.

Jubilee

First Post
Personally, I wouldn't believe a release date until I saw it on the shelf at the book store.. :)

Last edited:

Steel_Wind

Legend
The realistic hope was never September 08, but was that GRRM would finish the manuscript by the end of June to turn into his editors in hopes for a November 08 release.

As GRRM has noted on his blog - that didn't happen. So I would think right now the earliest we will be seeing ADWD will be spring 2009 - and probably later than that, given his past performance.

It is very frustrating as a fan of the series to have to wait so long for the books, I know.

It is what it is.

Grog

First Post
Never believe a release date you see on amazon.com. I'm convinced they have employees whose only job is to sit around all day and make those things up.

Kaodi

Hero
I say we boycott all of his professional activities until he actually puts out the damn book everyone is waiting for, hehehe...

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Well, given how long its taking, I hope he's designated someone to finish for him if he keels over. And I hope he's got extensive notes for them to work from.

Remove ads