• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Dance With Dragons Release Date Accurate?

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
re

I'm just going to leave Martin be. It's a pain writing a novel series the size of A Song of Ice and Fire. I'm glad he has both the power and desire to put out as high quality a product as possible. If Martin were a lesser writer, he would be forced to put out the next novel whether or not he thought it was up to the standards of the series.

If anything, all this time he is taking to get the next novel out is putting even more pressure on him to deliver a stellar book. We've waited so long, he has to make it worth the wait or it will be a huge letdown.

At this point in time, I just hope the quality is high enough to warrant the wait.

Grog

First Post
I'm down with that. Far too long to wait for the other half of the last book.

At this rate he won't survive long enough to finish the series.

That's why I didn't buy A Feast For Crows when it came out. The first three books came out at a reasonable pace, but then we had 5-6 years in between A Storm of Swords and Crows. I wasn't about to reread the entire series (which I would have had to have done to re-familiarize myself with the characters and plot), then read the next book, only to have another ridiculously long wait until book 5 came out. It just wasn't worth it to me.

I'm waiting until the series is finished before I buy any more books.

Eric Tolle

First Post
Did they actually say which year the September was part of? Maybe it was a typo and they meant September 09?

In any case, I think we need to set up a betting pool over how many books he'll get out before he dies and the series is turned over to Piers Anthony.

CoatRackOfDoom

First Post
WorldCon 08 (DenVention), has their list of members/attendees posted. George RR Martin has purchased attending membership so it's a good bet he'll be here in town next month. Typically visiting authors spend time on Q&A panels and since he has an active fan club which he spends time with at events, it's a good bet he's going to get a lot of feedback from his 'peeps.'

Remove ads