A Dream of Galastaire - Complete Campaign Setting Guide

peregondusoir

First Post
Updated to version 1.1 with embedded map before the World section. Not 100% happy with it, but I am not a layout artist and have limited tools! So...

I'll take it. Any thoughts on what you guys might like to see next?

Sanglorian

Adventurer
I think it's too long to expect players to read (I think the setting could be sketched in a couple of pages, and at times the prose can get a bit purple), but I enjoyed reading most of the first half and skimming the rest. The fact that you are trying to do something novel, but informed by real-world history, is clear and delightful. I like drow merchants that are trying to bring Paradise to the surface world and elven gender fluidity, paladins of passion, that you went with Muses not gods, the Sun Women (or should that be Sun Woman), and I like that the new character options you created mostly serve to accentuate the themes of the setting, rather than just serve as a laundry list of all the things that might be found in the setting (for example, I thought it was silly that people that happened to grow up as clients of the elves would develop better night vision - but when I thought about the themes of the setting, that actually made a lot of sense).

peregondusoir

First Post
Thanks for the feedback! I structured the document (table of contents, bookmarks) specifically to let people pick and choose what they want to use. If someone wants to labor over every page? I'm ecstatic. If someone says, "this bard class looks like Varric - I'm gonna use it for Eberron!" - shine on, you crazy diamond. So I hear you - but I'd rather overshare than under.

And the night vision thing is cool, dang it. And humans are adaptable little critters if they grow up in certain conditions. Russian outdoorsfolk still scare me.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases