A dwarf in time IC

Forgefly

First Post
The Dice don't like you Rd 3 Resolve

Diving into a front roll Revek tumbles past the undead monster, as he come up on his feet he attacks from behind, but misses (Charge is full round A=4+4 miss) Brorgar taking advantage of the zombies split attention slams his axe full into the side of the zombie's head. Larval centipede pour out of the now open skull. (A=16+6 D=7+3)
Ulzim realizing his precarious position quickly finds a new place to stand more befitting a scholar like himself. As Vonval steps into Ulzim's vacated spot he begins to intone a spell, but stumbles and loses his concentration and the spell he was readying (OOC: I am assuming because of he defensive casting that you meant square D8 as D6 isn't threatened C=4+8=12 fail)

Karienna stands with her crossbow loaded watching as many ways as she can to spot any new enemies.

In its deceptively ponderous way the zombie finishes turning and attacks Revek, lunging forward to sink his teeth into Revek's neck. (A=16+6, D=6)

Attachments

• Temple Round 4.gif
    Temple Round 4.gif
    30.3 KB · Views: 58

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Brorgar (Male Dwarf Fighter 3) AC 23; HP: 34/34

Brorgar angrily growls out "It turned its back to me lads..." as he tags the walking-dead with his mobile door to get its attention and to let it know that he is not done destroying it, and then brings the massive axe straight down upon its already split topside.

[OOC: Dwarven War Axe: +8 1d10+3.
+2 to hit from flanking (Revek)
+2 to AC from Foundation of Stone (Vonal) Gotcha.
]

Last edited:

The Rolling Man

First Post
Vonval Dwarf Cleric

While trying to avoid the ravenous creature's claws and teeth, Vonval stumbles and doesn't correctly complete the complex intonations required to summon the blessing of Khyber. "By the holy crystalline caverns of Yrasgalri'la ! Return to your grave, foul bag of flesh and vermin !" Vonval curses his own clumsiness and the resilience of the undead goblinoid. Not willing to waste another spell on the damaged enemy, Vonval simply bring down his weapon on the monster while trying to repel any attacks with his small shield.

OOC: Free Xenon, Brorgar doesn't have a foundation of stone effect. Vonval didn't make his concentration check. :( I should have just stayed back and cast it on you.
[SBLOCK=more OOC]Vonval will attack the zombie thing with his morningstar. +4 att, 1d8+2 dam
Active spells & effects and other notes:
Earth warding effect (16 rounds) +2 natural armor AC bonus (AC up to 19)
Rebuke/Control Undead 2 uses left
Rebuke/Control Earth elementals 2 uses left[/SBLOCK]

Forgefly

First Post
Short Work and the sound

The combined bladework of Revek and Brorgar, ably assisted by Vonval's heavy mace, quickly brings an end to the walking centipede nest that was the zombie. The floor grows slick under the feet of the dwarves as thousands of tiny centipedes pour out of each of the zombie's wounds. Even above the sound of battle the crunching and squishing of carapaces can be heard. When the zombie falls the centipedes scurry into the walls, though some stay to finish chewing on the recently animate corpse, and the corpses of their fellow centipedes.

Quiet seems to descend on the temple once more only disturbed by that strange rhythm which first drew you into this ruined edifice.

[sblock=OOC]I believe that is checkmate for the zombie. Interestingly the part I'm having the most trouble keeping up with is rolling the dice. So from here on in let's try Invisible Castle for the dice and see if that will help me stay more on top of things. [/sblock]

FreeXenon

Brorgar (Male Dwarf Fighter 3)

Brorgar look around quickly and then shakes his head satisfied.

"Well, that wasn't so bad. I'm untouched and itch'n for another one. How is everyone?"

The dwarf looks to his traveling companions first and then finally looks to Moonlight to see how she fared.

The Rolling Man

First Post
Vonval, Dwarf Cleric

"Revek, how is that bite wound? Are you in need of the restorative power that Khyber, in his infinite wisdom, has granted me?" (OOC: Casting Cure light wounds if he wants it : 1d8+3 healing)

With that completed, Vonval turns his attention to the rotting corpse they just vanquished. Pushing aside a few scuttling bugs with his dagger, he tries to find if it had any possessions or identifying marks. (OOC: Search +2 ?)

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ulzim Zuccabar d'Sivis, male gnome wizard

Ulzim crams his fist into his mouth until his breathing slows, somehow more disturbed by the nest of centipedes inside the zombie than the larger ones he killed. It takes several minutes before he's sure he's able to talk again without losing his lunch.

"I think... rather... um... alcove," he gets out finally. "Queek my good rat, give me a hand here?" he asks the plump rat on his shoulder. Queek sniffs delicately at the thought of walking on the floor amongst the blood and insect guts, and Ulzim sighs and walks over to the mysterious alcove himself. He wants to see if there's anything particularly unusual. "Akaznyth, do you see anything here?" he raises his voice a bit, wondering if the little goblin would be able to find anything, under his direction. Of course.

Forgefly

First Post
The Ancient Dead

The Rolling Man said:
"Revek, how is that bite wound? Are you in need of the restorative power that Khyber, in his infinite wisdom, has granted me?" (OOC: Casting Cure light wounds if he wants it : 1d8+3 healing)

With that completed, Vonval turns his attention to the rotting corpse they just vanquished. Pushing aside a few scuttling bugs with his dagger, he tries to find if it had any possessions or identifying marks. (OOC: Search +2 ?)

A quick search of the corpse reveals thousands of tiny bite marks and numerous places where its' flesh has been gouged away. There is something about the scraps of clothing which still cling in places, but you can't quite put your finger on what. There is also a certain something about the corpse which makes you believe it is ancient, as though generations of centipedes have bred here.

Forgefly

First Post
The Destroyed Statue

Akaznyth walks over to the niche as directed by Ulzim, and begins searching through the ruins, at first reluctantly but with increasing excitement. As she begins to pull pieces out of the niche Ulzim begins to get excited and begins piecing together something on the floor.

Ulzim:
After a couple of moments, you recognize that Akaznyth is pulling out the shards of a stone urn. On one of the first pieces is a symbol that you recognize as theoretically belonging to the so called 13th god of the Sovereign Host. This would be a major coup if you can get some conclusive proof here.

Revek accepts Vonval's proffered healing with a curt nod, before beginning to prowl up and down the hall, bow in hand, waiting for whatever this cursed place was going to throw at you next.

OOC: Where to next, intrepid adventurers?

FreeXenon

Brorgar (Male Dwarf Fighter 3)

Brorgar will stay back and allow Revek to do his handy work. The grating sound is starting to grate on his nerves and he is really beginning to wonder what fun this sound will reveal. He looks around intently trying to stay alert an aware while others are occupied.

The dwarf positions himself so that he is in the middle of everyone but as out of the way that a dwarf in full plate and a tower shield can be, while the others do their investigative work.

Last edited:

Remove ads