A dwarf in time IC

pathfinderq1

First Post
Karienna tried to keep up with the thread of conversation that the prismatic being was following- but his discussion was even more complicated and esoteric than some of her old professors at Korranberg. Even as a trained scholar, the entity's words made her head ache, and she looked over to where the others were working, ready to lend a hand with their plans- if only so she could earn a brief distraction.

OOC: Looks like we have one person with Profession (miner) and no one at all with Knowledge (engineering) (though Karienna and possibly Ulzim can attempt rolls). So the skill challenge may take us a while, since Knowledge and Profession can't be used untrained with special circumstances... Karienna will gladly take a stab at anything the others want to suggest- untrained Knowledge rolls for her are at +4.

The Rolling Man

First Post
Vonval, dwarf cleric

Vonval looks at the ceiling of the current room and then at the holes in the dancer's room. He tries to evaluate if he can either pierce either ceiling or just widen the existing holes. He'll try to do it with bringing the whole thing falling on their head. If he deems one of these plans possible, he'll grab his miner's pick and get to work.

OOC : Profession : miner roll (1d20+5=16). I didn't expect to use a skill I picked for rp reasons all that much :)

Forgefly

First Post
Through cleverness and ingenuity, the group decides upon a hybrid plan of widening a hole in the dancers room and using mirrors to catch and direct the sunlight to the prismatic beings room. With a little help from Brorgar, Vonval is able to widen one of the holes without trouble, his days working in the mines come back to him easily. Karienna and Ulzim man (or gnome) the mirrors using their studies of the arcane to help them deduce the correct angles. It does take a little trial and error and then, finally, the light falls upon the prismatic being and a most curious transformation takes place.

The rainbow pattern accelerates through its cycling, the colors moving so fast they begin to blur and then to disappear. At the same time the prismatic being begins to change in form, sprouting wings and almost unfolding, forming arms and legs that are refined and slender and entirely unlike its previous clumsy psuedopods. As the transformation is complete the prismatic being appears to be an elven woman, with hair like rainbows. Her skin and clothing are a color that seems to be all colors at once and yet somehow completely indescribably beautiful, her majestic wings filling the room behind her.

She turns to Karienna who first responded and speaks in Draconic, though this time with a very modern accent. "Thank you, I can see for myself the truth of your words. It seems I have been alone in the dark for too long, and my master has gone. There is much that is changed in the world, for good and for evil. I must depart now and find my master, wherever he has gone." her voice caresses your ear like the most familiar and comfortable music you can remember. She bows to you as a group. " There is one last thing you must know. My master was tasked by his people to guard this place. Deep below where the light of the Siberys cannot shine, there lies the tomb and prison of one of the fiends. Not one of the masters, but still very powerful. Take great care that he does not escape, for it would bring war again to Eberron, and likely destroy this land you call Khorvaire"

With that she blurs slightly and is gone.

Forgefly

First Post
As the light from the prismatic elf fades, the room loses some of its sparkle. The tapestries on the wall which once were beautiful beyond words, are now still beautiful but recognizable as very high quality glamerweave. The pipe and cup of tea remain, cup still steaming. The shelves of books with their crystals likewise still remain. All of this is noted is passing however, as your attention is immediately drawn to the crystal chest sitting, lid open, on the dais. On the very top resting on its bed of gold and gems are iridescent coins, one for each of you. They are bigger than regular coins, just barely fitting in the palm of your hand, (or not quite fitting in the case of the gnomes and the goblin) You don't know what it is, or what it is made of, but you instinctively feel it is important and precious.

[sblock=OOC]Long awaited LOOT: A hours time and some gestalt appraise checks reveal about 2000 gold pieces (actually they're shaped like d8's) and 50 gems ranging in price from maybe 20 gp through almost 500. Your best guess is about 8000 gp in gems. The cup appears to be an everfull teacup. Always has hot tea in it, concentrating on the tea can change the aroma, and one assumes the taste of the tea 1/day the tea produces a contingent resist energy cold 10 (after drinking the tea, the first attack that day that does cold damage is reduced by 10)
The pipe, carved with mystic sigils suggestive of the planes of Eberron, is a pipe of celestial divining. 3/day when filled with pipeweed, the smoker can concentrate on a particular question and see in the smoke a vision which provides the answer to that question. Answers to general questions (is my family safe?) are met with clear answers more specific question are answered more generally (what is behind this door) (where is the nearest epic level weapon not claimed by anyone) Some question cannot be answered by the magic of the pipe, and the smoker recognizes such question before the use is wasted.
The crystals are least energy assault crystals from the Magic Item Compendium (attach to your weapon of at least masterwork quality and it adds 1 point of energy damage to the weapon. (2 fire, 1 lightning) the last crystal is a spellshard, a form of spell book using an eberron dragonshard to hold the spells.[/sblock]

The Rolling Man

First Post
Vonval, dwarf cleric

Vonval is truely impressed by the transformation that their multi colored host when through and by all the information she seemed to have gained by it. He can't help but preach for a little while. "Behold the magic of Siberys, one of the progenitor dragons. As this creature had to turn to the sky to find itself again so must we go to the depths. We dwarves are creatures of Siberys' kin, Khyber the dark and it is within him that our destiny awaits. It has long been corrupted by the foolish dragons who imprisoned fiends in its depths. We must reclaim them for ourselves and marvel in the beauty that is the holy Khyber. This is the vision that was granted to me, fellows. And here we are, right by an entrance to it, if we believe this radiant creature. I say we gather what we can of this and explore the underground passage we found."

[SBLOCK=OOC]For Vonval, the pipe would be interesting or if someone wants it instead he could possibly take one of the energy crystals. He has but little interest in the gold and gems.[/SBLOCK]

Walking Dad

First Post
"Now, that looks very good. I love a good tea!" Dorn says, grinning.

[sblock=ooc] I would love to take the cup, but I think it would be more effective for the group to take an energy shard.[/sblock]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Brorgar (male dwarf Fighter 4)

"Hmmmm.... We can come back for the tapestries and books later, if we so desire, but I am thinking that what lies ahead shall be infinitely more valuable.... and dangerous. " Brorgar says as he looks over the shoulder of whoever is analyzing or identifying the loot.

[OOC: I would be interested in the Tea Cup as well or the Energy Assault Crystals. How many of them can you stack on a weapon? 1? OR possibly just the gold?]

Forgefly

First Post
OOC: 1 per weapon (at least masterwork quality) standard action to swap out. We seem to have lost the gnomes, so if ya'll can decide on what treasure you want we'll just move into the next scene down in the tunnels

Remove ads