A dwarf in time IC

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Brorgar (male dwarf Fighter 4)

Brorgar keeps listening to stream of translated conversation while looking about trying to see if he sees something he recognizes, allowing the others to converse with the Talking Cube.

He perks up from his wandering about at the translation and hearing about the sun, and says

"I have a small mirror. Does anyone else?"

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Dorn "Deadeye"

"Damn, you are on something. Big, mighty dwarf brains. I got a mirror, too. And my buckler is well polished" he adds the last words with a chuckle.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Brorgar (male dwarf Fighter 4)

Brorgar smirks "Heavy in armor does not mean light in brains."

He looks the rest of the group. "It's probably best if I stay down here - with my armor an all. Easy to get down and hard to get up."

The burly dwarven protector in-training rummages about his pack, pulls out his steel mirro and tosses it to Dorn.

Walking Dad

First Post
Deadeye, AC 18 (T13, FF15), HP 33/33, F +6,R+3,W+0

"Will anyone come with me? I might need help getting both mirrors in the right position." He asks the others.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Karienna continued to share the translating duties as the interaction went on. She simply clucked in disapproval as Vonval tried to grab the dragonshards, right in front of the the guardian entity, but the conversation kept moving along. "I have a mirror as well, if that will help," she volunteered as the dwarves began planning. Thens he turned back to the glowing figure. "Do you want actual sunlight, or will an approximation do? Something brighter than my magical everbright lantern, for instance..."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ulzim looks disapprovingly at Vonval's swiping of the shards. Such crass behavior will see him at the bottom ranks of his house, with no invitations or parties or suitors... he thinks, then has his thoughts thrust aside when the offer of sunlight for gems is made.

Ulzim had been reluctant to give up his own mirror (how would he check his appearance in the morning without it?), but with everyone else positively clamoring to give up their own, it seems he wasn't required to be a martyr yet.

"Surely we can figure out how to get sunlight over here; it can't be that hard to figure angles from the door. Or perhaps something as simple as a loose stone in the roof might work," he suggests.

Forgefly

First Post
pathfinderq1 said:
Karienna continued to share the translating duties as the interaction went on. She simply clucked in disapproval as Vonval tried to grab the dragonshards, right in front of the the guardian entity, but the conversation kept moving along. "I have a mirror as well, if that will help," she volunteered as the dwarves began planning. Thens he turned back to the glowing figure. "Do you want actual sunlight, or will an approximation do? Something brighter than my magical everbright lantern, for instance..."

In response to your offer for some other kind of light, the prismatic entity responds: "I need to ...taste the sun itself, to feel its light wash through me. To feel the changes in quantum spin since my master left. ....."
At this point the prismatic being goes into a discussion of how important quantum tunneling vectors are for photons in magical fields and to describe the thaumaturgical ramification of the ansible principle for pandimensional beings. He continues talking at an increasing pace for nearly 10 minutes, It is the strangest mashup of magical theory and engineering the gnomes (it is still in draconic) have ever heard. You believe he is trying to explain exactly why magically created light won't work for his needs, but mostly you get the beginnings of a concentration headache

The Rolling Man

First Post
Vonval, dwarf cleric

"I care not for the light, darkness is the mistress of Khyber, but if it makes this babbling thing give us more holy shards or help us in some other way, let us find a way to bring it light. Or to move it to light if that's possible." Vonval doesn't have any mirrors to help reflect the light.

OOC : I had the feeling there was a hole in the ceiling of the dancer's room but since I can't seem to find a post mentioning that, I'm probably confusing something or remembering wrong.

Forgefly

First Post
The Rolling Man said:
"I care not for the light, darkness is the mistress of Khyber, but if it makes this babbling thing give us more holy shards or help us in some other way, let us find a way to bring it light. Or to move it to light if that's possible." Vonval doesn't have any mirrors to help reflect the light.

OOC : I had the feeling there was a hole in the ceiling of the dancer's room but since I can't seem to find a post mentioning that, I'm probably confusing something or remembering wrong.

OOC: I remember there being a multiple holes in the ceiling of the dancer's room, part of its dance was dodging back and forth between the sunbeams and twirling in and reflecting the sunlight all around the room.

[sblock=OOC]
Let's see some skill use. Dorn wants a Search check it sounds. The dwarven mirror plan is a good one, maybe knowledge architecture and engineering (my default understanding of physics knowledge skill) Ulzim mentioned opening a hole in the ceiling (also a good plan) profession miner or knowledge arch and eng. There should be enough skills for everyone to try something for some synergies. (this is a skill challenge in other words (moderate 8 success before 4 failures)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads