A dwarf in time IC

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Brorgar (male dwarf Fighter 4)

Brorgar shakes his head as shakes off the mesmerizing effect of the cube.

"Wow." He rubs his eyes a little bit. "I'm seeing colored spots."

He wanders around a little bit, while continuing those motions, to see if he can recognize anything ( +8 Know[Nobil])

Walking Dad

First Post
"What are you?" Deadeye asks, scratching his head. Absently he puts back his tools. This is a job for a diplomat, not for a trapsmith.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Karienna repeated the strange beings words (for the benefit of the linguistically challenged), and took a moment to look around the room once more- but just a moment. This entity, whatever it was, seemed quite fascinating and she could not resist beginning to inquire in the language which it had first spoken (a language which sounded rather out coming from such a small and timid gnome).

(Speaking Draconic)[sblock]"You speak a good many languages- did you master teach them to you, that you might greet his guests in their own tongue? And, for that matter, do you expect your master to return soon? From the condition of the hall where we entered, it seems as if he may have been gone for some time- do you know how long he has been gone?"[/sblock]

Her voice was perhaps a bit breathless as the questions tumbled out, and she paused for a moment, pushing her glasses a bit further back onto her nose.

The Rolling Man

First Post
Vonval, dwarf cleric

Now reassured that the rainbow thing isn't hostile or mind controlling his companions, Vonval goes to examine the crystals near the bookcase. Perhaps they are some of the much sought after khyber shards.

Forgefly

First Post
At Karienna's flood of questions, the strange creature turns excitedly back to Karienna,
Draconic:
"
Ah you do speak proper tongues, I rather thought you might when I heard you invoking that cantrip. So many questions you have, I will answer your questions if you will answer mine. As you surmise, I speak many languages to assist my master, some he taught me, others I learned from guests, a few I learned in my travels before I came to serve my master. I do expect my master back, he just popped out to examine some rumors a guest brought about a Daelkyr invasion, I believe he wanted to make sure Vvarak's preparations were not wasted. You are using some words that I don't quite recognize, where did you learn to speak the progenitor's tongue and what do you mean by soon and some time?
"

[sblock=Vonval]
Vonval strays over toward the bookcase to look at the crystals, there are 6 stones, of different sizes cuts and colors. There are two crystals that have the tale tale glowing blue threads that Khyber shards are famous for. Likewise two crystals have the red threads of Eberron shards, and the last two seem to be Siberys shards. Whether or not they have been attuned or to what is beyond you.
[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Karienna looked around the group, trying to figure out who was following the conversation- she knew she would have to translate for some of them, but she did not dare interrupt the conversation for too long. Perhaps one of the others who spoke draconic might translate while she spoke... And as interesting as the books might be, they weren't going anywhere.

She kept most of her attention focused on the strange prismatic being, and continued to converse in the ancient language.

(Speaking draconic):[sblock] "In most of the civilized lands, the language I speak is taught to scholars and historians- and especially to those who study the arcane arts. To our regret, we only very rarely actually speak with the great wyrms of legend- might it be that your master is one of those higher forms, those called 'dragons'? As to our own nature, some of us are called 'gnomes', while the others are 'dwarves'." As she spoke, she waved her hand at each type of folk. "We are members or allies of two of the great houses which hold power over much of this continent, which we call 'Khorvaire'- in fact, our great houses are recognized by the arcane markings which are our heritage. They are called 'Dragonmarks' and our houses have made an alliance to sponsor this expedition- though we had not expected to find anything like you, and certainly nothing like your master. I think perhaps that you have waited in this place for quite some time- which is how we folk describe as the passing of days, or seasons, or years. The daelkyr invasion whose rumor drew your master's attention happened, by our reckoning, a very long time ago."[/sblock]

OOC: Does the name that "he" mentioned (again) have any meaning to Karienna? Vvarak? Knowledge- history is at +7 if appropriate.

Forgefly

First Post
Not happy about the younger Karienna getting to be the one talking, Ulzim will nonetheless begin translating for the Dwarves, including what has already been said.

OOC:Vvaraak (I forgot an a) is in fact known to you, he is a semi-legendary dragon credited with the beginning of nature magic as it is practiced in Khorvaire, this primatic being certainly seems to believe he existed though.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ulzim Zuccabar d'Sivis, male gnome wizard/binder

When they'd first come into the colorful room, Ulzim had been looking around like a country bumpkin, amazed at the sheer finery in what was such a desolate place. And when the colorful orb had appeared, he'd been utterly entraced by the beauty of it... but not enough that he'd ignored it when young Karienna began to hold the floor. He'd uncovered fascinatingly beautiful knowledge in this temple, and he wanted to put it to use immediately... but he hadn't had the time to try out this potential binding of the ancient spirits or "vestiges." Wouldn't the House be delighted at the discovery? But he had to make sure it worked first, field test it, as it were.

After they got done talking, that is.

It was the responsibility of House Sivis to know languages and to facilitate communication, and that's was Ulzim did, and he did it now, and did it well. But at the mention of the Daelkyr invasion, Ulzim blinked in confusion.

What the devil was that? He wracked his brain for what that could be. If this rainbow being possibly thought that the mythical Vvaraak was alive, either he was deluded, or a treasure trove of knowledge from the dim mists of time. Elated, he touched the dragonmark on the back of his hand to help him find the hints of the truth.

"Daelkyr invasion?" he broke in quickly in Draconic, and then translated it back for the others.

OOC: Ulzim's Knowledge (geography) check and Will save for the shiny lights. (1d20+7=14, 1d20+4=9) Ulzim's Knowledge (history) check, including using ancient knowledge aspect of his dragonmark to gain +5 to the check. (1d20+13=16)

The Rolling Man

First Post
Vonval, dwarf cleric

"Holy Khyber be praised ! These are shards of the great progenitor wyrms." He takes a closer look at each of the shards and then pockets them. I'll have to try to discover if they hide any sort of power later, he thinks. Vonval adresses Karienna. "Ask it where we can find more of these shards."

Forgefly

First Post
In response to Vonval's appropriation of the shards, Draconic as translated by Ulzim:"Ah don't touch those, they are shining just right. Oh you've smeared them. The master will be most put out when he gets back."

The prismatic being turns back to the draconic speaking gnomes. More Draconic:"Actually I have a favor to ask: I long to see the sun, to set my rhythm in tune with it once more, but my dedication to my master has forbidden me to leave this chamber. I do not have much, but I have discretion over that which is within me. If you can bring the sun to me I will give you these opaque baubles."

As it finishes speaking it shakes its cubic "belly" causing the treasure within to shift, revealing some cut gemstones the size of a dwarf's thumbnail.

Last edited:

Remove ads