A dwarf in time IC

Forgefly

First Post
[sblock=So you failed your will save] Remember that failing this will save doesn't mean you can't do anything, You can speak to others, think whatever you want, and even move about. You just won't willingly look away from the wonderful lights. Also, remember that it makes you feel good not vacant or controlled, just really calm and peaceful. [/sblock]

Forgefly

First Post
Wait, I suddenly remember something different happening

[sblock=OOC] As a result of being in the middle of finals just at this very moment, I have decided to play a little revisionist history in order to bring in our new character as I don't have the brain power to weave him in, in a less drastic way. Check the OOC thread for more details about Dorn "Deadeye".

Essentially what I am doing is rolling back to when the floor collapsed under the dwarves and the deadly dancer. In this fall, both Revek and the dancer are killed by the tons of falling rock. You then moved back upstairs and had a funeral (it was moving but strange and I think I'll have nightmares, Thanks Vonval) Karienna reports as usual and is told House Sivis is sending out a replacement scout, via House Orien services in part because of how perfectly fascinating your findings have been so far. The following morning Dorn appears and we walk into the room with the floating rainbow box not long after dawn.

[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Karienna continued to examine the box- in the light of her enhanced senses, it was particularly compelling. "Careful, make sure you don't break it," she breathed a bit irritably as the new dwarf moved to check the box. While she respected the skills and valor of the stout folk, they simply had no proper respect for (or understanding of) magic. "The voice simply asked who and what we are, and why our appearance is 'not shiny'. It spoke in the tongue of the ancient dragons- who knows how long this has been here..."

Forgefly

First Post
As Deadeye approaches and begins studying the box, a curious thing happens. The face, which had been studying Karienna apparently waiting for a response, turns and studies the dwarf. It seems pleased to be studied so carefully, if one can interpret the changes in pattern and color of a prismatic box. As Deadeye continues to study the box seems to extrude or perhaps peel off arms and legs and now appears to be roughly humanoid with the box for a stomach.

It erupts in a series of trills and rhythmic sounds that no mortal throat could form and then looks at you. After a moment it begins again with different sounds and then proceeds to make an awful lot of strange noises before getting to something that you think you recognize as a language.

Goblin, Orc, or Giant:
Do the little ones understand this? How about this? What do these occluded ones speak?

[sblock=OOC]
This is why you never hinge moving the scene along on just one or two characters, they choose that moment to mysteriously take a break from posting, my little draconic speaking gnomes... I've been NINJA'D thanks for posting[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Deadeye, AC 18 (T13, FF15), HP 33/33, F +6,R+3,W+0

"I understood this language", answers Deadeye in orc. You can hear a bit of disgust to have to speak this language.

Last edited:

Forgefly

First Post
In the most musical and uplifting manner possibly for the orcish language, " Wonderful, you speak the language of Vvarak's children, but you are not shaped like them, what are you? Why have you come to my masters study? As you can see he is out, but I am here. What can I do to help you?"

He continues to study you, the colors making up his body making lovely designs.

[sblock=OOC]
The pattern shifts and although still compelling, is no longer all encompassing. ("1 minute" is over)
[/sblock]

Remove ads