D&D 5E A First Look at Tasha’s Lineage System In AL Player’s Guide - Customizing Your Origin In D&D

The new player’s guide for the D&D Adventurers League has been released. Appendix 1 includes the new info from Tasha’s Cauldron on customizing your origin. It‘s a one-page appendix. The D&D Adventurers League now uses this variant system from Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything since it allows for a greater degree of customization. For ease of reference, the relevant information is included as...

The new player’s guide for the D&D Adventurers League has been released. Appendix 1 includes the new info from Tasha’s Cauldron on customizing your origin. It‘s a one-page appendix.

38384683-0EFA-4481-8D96-3C033B9F7F03.jpeg

The D&D Adventurers League now uses this variant system from Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything since it allows for a greater degree of customization. For ease of reference, the relevant information is included as an appendix to this document and doesn’t count against the PH + 1 rule.

You can do any of the following (obviously the full document has more detail):

1. Move your race ability score increases wherever your want to. “...take any ability score increase you gain in your race or subrace and apply it to an ability score of your choice.”​

2. Replace each language from your race with any language from a set list.​

3. Swap each proficiency for another of the same type.​

4. Alter behaviour/personality race-based descriptions.​

Its not clear if that’s the whole Lineage system or just part of it. You can download the player’s guide here.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I wonder how long it will takes before they remove racial restriction on most of the racial feats.
Why a dwarf build in Dex cannot choose elven accuracy over an elf build on Cha?
I was wondering if they would go in that direction myself.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Where did I sign up for it? Where is the 10K bonus after dm 1 season. Did signing up for come with the GI Bill? Yes AL is losing people over the stat change, and/or Seasonality restriction.
If you sign up to DM for Adventurer's League, you're surrendering your freedom as a DM to run the game however you want. If you don't like losing your DM agency, don't do Adventurer's League.

Vael

Legend
TBH, I've been a fan of moving stat bonuses from Race/Ancestry to Class and Background anyway, and that's more or less how this would play at my tables. A mountain Dwarf Sorcerer with a Charisma bonus has that bonus to Charisma because they're a Sorcerer.

Because narrative informed traits don't hold up if they lack mechanical support. But we've been going round and round on that one for multiple threads, so you'll excuse me if I find the question a bit disingenuous.
I'm asking why you feel that an elf with a Strength of 15 isn't already strong. In order to feel that your character is 'strong', or 'intelligent' or 'charismatic', do you feel that it has to have the maximum possible number that anyone can have in that attribute?

I'm trying to understand why you feel that the narratively informed trait ("my elf has been bodybuilding as well as training for athleticism") does not already have mechanical support (you put a high number into the Strength ability score).

Remove ads

Remove ads