• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Flock of Stalkers

Kanegrundar

Explorer
I got a letter a couple months ago from a gal I met online and went out on one HORRIFIC date with and promptly cut off contact with. (This was 4 months before I met my fiancee and we've been together for nearly 2 two years now.) It was forwarded from an old address, and basically said that she saw my wedding website that my fiancee has set up on The Knot and was pissed that I lied to her. (I told her my job was taking me out of Missouri, and that's why I couldn't see her anymore. Believe me, it was nicer than saying what I wanted to say to break things off.) She went on about how she could have loved me and that she thought I was the one. She even hinted that she had been googling my name and email address for a while now, I assume since that first date. I had an uncomfortable chuckle about the whole thing, tossed the letter, and forgot all about it until today.

I guess I cn be part of the stalked club to!!! :\

adwyn

Community Supporter
My only stalker was a guy I had evicted for drugs and drinking. He took up living in his pickup and would follow me during the day and park across the street from my house at night. At the time we didn't have anti-stalking laws so I had to put up with it for months till he managed to drive his car into a tree.

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
Sonata Arctica
End of this Chapter

[Chapter One]
I gave you my time...
I gave you my whole life;
I gave you my love, every dime.
They told me it was a crime!

Do you remember?
Or did it all go in vain...

[Chapter Two]
I looked in the light,
I sat in your coalmine.
The promise they made, I should keep?
Make sure that we would never meet...

I can't remember...
The promise I made, so deep...

Tell me that past times won't die...
Tell me that old lies are alive!

[Chapter Three]
Across darkened skies,
I travelled without a light.
I sank in the well of my mind,
Too deep, never to be found...

I can't remember...
How could you be so vain?

Tell me that old lies are alive.
Love that expired too long time ago,
Kills me, it thrills me...

[Chapter Four]
You have new love, and
It looks good on you.
I have never wished you dead - yet.

You can now have all the things I could never give to you.
Look out the window... c'est moi...

[Chapter Five]
I'm sorry I am here!
I'm not sure if it should bring you fear?
I whisper in your ear-
"Why is he here?"

[Chapter six]
While you are sleeping,
I steal your ear ring.
Light you one candle,
This anger I handle.

They said I won't find you,
But now I'm beside you.
I'm not all that stable;
You should know by now that you're mine!

Tell me that past times won't die... Tell me that old lies are alive...

I tell you that past times won't die...
I tell you that old lies are alive!
Love due to expire too long time ago
Kills me, it will kill you, too...

Past times won't die...
I tell you old lies are alive!
Hate to conspire too long time ago.
Kill me, please kill me, before...

Tell you that past times won't die...

I don't know if this one qualifies, though, as it was obviously intended to be a stalker song.

"The promise they made, I should keep? Make sure that we would never meet..." is the most poetic description of a restraining order I've ever heard :)

crybaby

First Post
Ambrus said:
My ex didn't get that far. I kind of woke up when she crawled into bed with me but it took me a few seconds to get my bearings and make some sense of what was going on.

That sounds eerily familiar. Had that happen to me before except i was drunkl so it took a bit longer than a few seconds, and jumping wasnt the right term, more like wildly stumbling and falling. I have had another situation where a girl who is now an ex took around 35 mixed painkillers, because she was scared that i was going to break up with her, and spent the night at the hospital ....loooong night. (needless to say that was about the last straw for me, and yes i did say about...things got worse before i broke up with her)

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I've had one, too, but nothing overly freaky like some of these examples above. She. Just. Wouldn't. Leave. Me. Alone!

But my friend seems to collect these. He's a really nice guy: a bit *too* nice and he just can't say no to people. A quality that attracts the crazies while making all the other girls run for their lives. Through the years he has had six threats of suicide (two actually attempted), a burglary to his house (where she stole a few books and clothes, only to later return it one item at a time for a chance to meet him), several attacks (both from friends/relatives of the girls and the girls themselves, once with a knife), been forced to change his number a few times and etc.

Gah! And it took him forever to see the pattern.

Luckily, he has found himself a non-crazy now and even has been growing a little backbone as a result. Crossed fingers.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
John Q. Mayhem said:
Tell me that old lies are alive!​

Counter:

I close my eyes
Only for a moment
And the moment's gone

All my dreams
Pass before my eyes