A Game of Thrones - The Defenders of the Vale

Munin

First Post
Hey guys,

This will be my first pbp experience, so if you're looking for more experienced players, I understand. I won't have a problem at all with a once-a-day post requirement...except on the weekends, which is a very busy time for me. During the week, multiple posts a day won't be a problem at all, but they will be mostly during business hours. In some quirk of fate I'm far, far busier away from work than at work :)

I don't have the book, but I'm good friends with the owner of the local FGS, so I can peruse a copy if I need too. As far as choosing a particular house...I'm indifferent. Whatever will be easiest for the DM is fine by me. There'll be no lack of action either way.

Ibram Gaunt

First Post
Ok, House Redfort it is. It's time to start getting your characters to me. Remember in addition to your character sheet, I need at LEAST a short background. Remember according to my earlier post, you get bonus ability points for more flavor.

I need.......Munin, Enforcer, WargamerX, Tyrmatfrage and Dave-O to submit their characters to me in the next couple days. (Wargamer, I have yours and am in the process of approval.) (Dave-O, since you don't have the book, you need to submit a detailed character description for me to work with when making your character)

Bleak Knight, Devyn and Wassup need to submit characters also, but they need to be characters that can easily be brought in as alternates.

When your character is approved by be you need to place a physical description and brief background that anyone would know in the Rogue's Gallery under my placeholder. Remember, NO game mechanics should be in this, that includes levels, feats, etc.

HERE IS THE LINK TO MY POST IN ROGUE'S GALLERY

I will give just a brief overview of House Redfort for general guildlines, but I want it left up to your interpretation. Feel free to email each other if you feel that you may want to collaborate on related charcters or whatnot.

Horton Redfort is the Lord of Redfort, he is on his second wife who is currently with child, the first wife died of sickness. His heir is Jasper, a man of 18 years, followed by Creighton at 15 years. The youngest son is Jon of 10 years. He also has a step daughter with his second wife who was widowed. She is 13.

The Redfort's have the full compliment of household staff and others for you to make your character with if you so choose. Horton Redfort and his wife are not available for play.

Enjoy!

Enforcer

Explorer
For our character sheet, what level can we make our characters? Do we include Social Status as part of our ECL? Is Giant's Blood allowed (I'm thinking of Maester Brandon the Brawler)? And finally, can I assume it's 25 pt. point buy from your post above?

Bleak Knight

First Post
25 points still seems a little little to me. Oh well, your call.

Also, does Horton have any bastard sons? I'm thinking a Redfort, fostered by the Royces, or maybe Egen or even Arryn. Depending on the Vale's take on bastards, I might want to play one of those instead (still fostered by another family, if plausible), since I'm not on the lucky-list, but at the rear of the que.

Ibram Gaunt

First Post
Enforcer: I'm not putting a hard cap on levels, I'm going to trust you guys to keep it within reason. I'd prefer not to get above 5th or 6th. Of course it can be less than that if you wish to play a child, etc. Yes, social status needs to be a part of your ECL. Giants blood IS allowed.

Ok, I'll agree to a 28 point buy.

Bleak Knight: No, Horton has no Bastard sons. If you are wanting to play a Bastard, you can play one from another house that Horton Redfort is fostering. His sire needs to be from a House outside the Vale though.

Enforcer

Explorer
Okay then, Giant's Blood Maester for me. If one of the other players also wanted Giant's Blood, but is actually making a combat guy, let me know please (2 Giant's Blood characters is silly in my opinion) and I'll drop down to normal size.

Bleak Knight

First Post
Enforcer: I already love your character.

Ok, so no Redfort bastard for me. I'll have to snoop around a bit.

Out of curiosity: Where do we start off? If we start outside of the Vale, perhaps I could play some other Vale man, who's hooked up with whoever the rest of the group is, simply because they're from the same place as him.

Trying to make some sort of perifery character here...;)

Enforcer

Explorer
Bleak Knight said:
Enforcer: I already love your character.

Thanks! Oh, and if someone else had their heart set on a Maester, let me know, I've got some other character concepts in the back of my mind.

Remove ads