• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Game of Thrones - The Defenders of the Vale

Ibram Gaunt

First Post
All of the boys, Jasper, Creighton and Jon plus Melyssa are from the 1st wife.

All characters are in, I have a couple of characters to get out to those with no book and some final things to nail down. After that we can begin. I see us starting play in less than a week.

Now....as far as playing goes I need to get some opinions. In this type of game not everyone will always be together at the same time. This means I'm going to have to do individual encounters from time to time. How would you like that handled? Over email or on the boards? Also, the format that I will use is all In-Character information and narrative will be first in a post in a certain color, followed by OOC info in a different color........for example....

Rhin swings wildly about with his sword backing the hulk into a corner. Fearing for his life the brute shouts "No, please, my wife and kids will miss my brutishness!" Ignoring the plea Rhin decapitates him!

OOC: Rhin rolls a critical on his attack roll doing maximum damage killing the Brute instantly!

This is just example text, please don't think that things will actually be narrated this way. LOL

Tyrmatfrage

First Post
Ibram Gaunt said:
Now....as far as playing goes I need to get some opinions. In this type of game not everyone will always be together at the same time. This means I'm going to have to do individual encounters from time to time. How would you like that handled? Over email or on the boards?

I guess that would depend. If the encounter contains information that it is better for the other characters to be ignorant of, it could be handled over email (and then later copied to the boards to make it easier to review how the game has progressed so far). Otherwise, it could be handled over the boards.

And I won't be able to contain my laughter if Rhin ever *does* kill a brute. :)

Lorden

First Post
Hey guys. Looks like I'm a little late, but I had to have my AGOT book sent from Canada to Mali, West Africa. It's in now though, and I've read through it. I'd love to join your campaign, perhaps as an alternate or a Assistant-GM running minor NPC's. I'm well-versed in d20 rules with about 10 years player and 7 years GM experience. I'm currently a volunteer here in Africa giving computer training in a rural area, so I have daily (about a 5 hour window) access to the internet, albeit at a very slow speed (shared 56K).

If there's any way I can get involved, send me an email.

Lorden

Munin

First Post
She's probably ignored by Munin's hedge knight
This is correct. Since he is new to the household, he is reserved at this point...until he starts to get a better feel for the house.

I'm with Tyrmat...Email where needed, forum where possible.

Ibram Gaunt

First Post
Good news, all characters are created and in. I just need for some of you to get your common background and physical descriptions up in the Rogue's Gallery. We'll be ready to start very soon!

Please, continue your discussions of your character interactions, it helps me!

Last edited:

Bleak Knight

First Post
Uhm, that would be me, not Tyrmat... :uhoh:

However, I'm having a few small problems with the guy. He comes out all to "old school fantasy knight"...

I might stick with that and rather change him during play, or I'll have to redo my entire concept of him. However, he is supposed to be pampered and groomed by his father, right?

Ibram Gaunt

First Post
Ooops, sorry.

Yes, he is pampered and doted on by Lord Horton, and yes, he is very much the shining knight. However he can also be caring and protective of his younger siblings.

This is not to say that something might not happen later to change that.

Ibram Gaunt

First Post
Cast of Characters

House Redfort Family:
Lord Horton Redfort, Lord of Redfort
Lady Opel Redfort, was a Fowler of Skyreach (Dorne) 2nd wife of Lord Horton, currently pregnant
Jasper Redfort, Heir to Lord Horton
Creighton Redfort, second son
Jon Redfort, third son
Melyssa Redfort (Pryor), daughter to Lord Horton
Mycha Redfort, step-daughter of Lord Horton, daughter of Opel

House Retainers, Servants and Staff:
Brandon the Brawler, House Maester
Rhin Snow, Ward of Lord Horton, Bastard of Rickard Karstark
Ser Rycen McFaddyn, Sworn Sword
Ser Garen Farthing, Cousin to Lord Horton
Albrect Costen, Captain of the Guard
Josef Costen, House Bodyguard, son of Albrect Costen
Terrol Egen, Master of Arms, cousin to Vardis Egen
Podrick Stone, Master of the Hunt, Shariff of Redfort
Septa Nerrys, Godsworn
Hulmer, Castellan, Keeper of Sums
Rinna, Mistress of Servants

I, of course, will be adding to and modifying this as we go along.

(I almost wish we had a message board of our own)

Bleak Knight

First Post
Seems good.

Jasper will probably be haning out a lot with Josef Costen, and Creighton, training under Terrol Egen (and brawling lessons with Brandon?). Rhin on the other hand seems to be a far too dark fellow...;)

Out of curiosity, what does Ser Garen do at Redfort?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads