D&D 5E A Gamestore

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Heroes is more of a comics shop. They’ve always had a small selection of D&D stuff.

King of Cards recently downsized, and Vagabond downsized years ago. I’d say they both have the same amount of gaming stuff as Zard’s shop, just not the extra laser tag and stuff.

That being said, the laser tag place in New Lynn also sells D&D stuff (along with some other games) at their counter.

I haven’t been to Hobby Master in a while, and I haven’t ever been to any of the newer ones that have popped up here and there.
Probably a good thing for King of cards, if they were still in their basement location they'd have likely been flooded during that storm.

MGibster

Legend
My local game store was Lone Star Comics which was actually a local chain of up to nine stores in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Along with Mile High Comics, I remember seeing ads for Lone Star in comic books when I was a wee lad, and I was thrilled to death to get a job with them when I was younger. I worked for them for less than a year before moving on to other things, and I was sad to learn Lone Star had shut down all their stores by 2013 and moved to online comic sales only.

The store in Plano, the first location they had in Plano, was my main gaming store when I was a teenager. They had a good stock of role playing games, comics (of course), miniatures, some Games Workshop stuff (I bought Dark Future on sale around 1990), around 1994 they started selling Magic, novels, and they always had an eclectic stock of geek merchandise. I think having a diversified stock is what helped keep them in business for so long. They didn't have any space for gaming, but the staff were generally friendly, the store was clean and orderly, and it was a friendly retail environment. As an employee, it was a pretty cool job. The manage would quiz us once in a while about what the storyline of a particular comic was at the time, "MGibster, what's happening with Spider-Man right now?" If we had downtime in the store, we were supposed to read comics.

Mad_Jack

Legend
My local is currently on its third location, but they've been in business for something over 40 years now - I'm 50 years old now and I first went there when I was fifteen - I've known the original owner longer than anybody else in my life other than immediate family.

dave2008

Legend
My local is currently on its third location, but they've been in business for something over 40 years now - I'm 50 years old now and I first went there when I was fifteen - I've known the original owner longer than anybody else in my life other than immediate family.
My current location has been in business for as long as I have been play D&D which was in the early/mid 80s. However, the "Hobbyland" where I got my start with D&D has been closed for more than a decade (probably a lot more).

Zardnaar

Legend
So went and scoped out another store fir plan C. Got options.

Thus us plan B had another look. Events.

20230326_102545.jpg

And they have a liquor license.
20230326_102441.jpg

Brewery for that pilsner right over the road and it's not a bad pilsner either.

@payn just saying.

Remove ads