• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Genie Offers To Change You Int A Member Of A Different Race

Illirion

First Post
Probably Half-elf. I'd still be half-human, but the extra abilities would come in pretty handy.
Otherwise, I'd go with dwarf, but to be a true dwarf, I think you'd have to be born as one.

Tetsubo

First Post
Kelleris said:
What he said.

Well... LeShay trumps Doppleganger... only lacking the Read Thoughts ability really... and you can still look human with the Alter Self ability.

I'll take one, please.

Kelleris

Explorer
Tetsubo said:
Well... LeShay trumps Doppleganger... only lacking the Read Thoughts ability really... and you can still look human with the Alter Self ability.

LeShay have the ability to use detect thoughts at will, with a save DC of 30 (for the "average" LeShay). That's a full 17 points higher than the Doppelganger's detect thoughts ability, although it is admittedly not continuous.

Corbert

Explorer
Could I choose to be 1/2 LeShay 1/2 Doppleganger so I can have the immortality, mind reading, and shape shifting, or does it have to be a 'pure' race?

Goblyn

Explorer
I would choose Elan, but Elan is aberration and thus off-limits. So I choose Blue - the psionic goblin. Really, is anyone surprised?

Aloïsius

First Post
I would choose avariel : long-lived and winged. They are somewhat frail, however.

If the setting is "on earth", then doppelganger. I think choosing from the ECL is not fair play.

Remove ads