• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Good Introductory Adventure for Young Players

Abraxas

Explorer
I'm going to be starting a new 4E campaign for 4 - 6 youngsters (ages 8 - 12). I'll also have the father of two of the children playing to help guide things along. He and his son have played 4E before, and I have played D&D with him for 20 years.

Does anyone have a recommendation of one or two good starting adventures? I have a DDI account, so I can pull stuff from Dungeon magazine also. I'm looking for something heavy on the action to start because that's what the kids seem most interested in now.

Right now we have a Minotaur Ranger and a Dragonborn Sorcerer. The rest of the children will be creating their characters soon, and my friend will play whatever we need to fill out the group.

Thanks for any suggestions

Kazoo

First Post
I taught my son D&D by having him run himself. I created a character that had basic statistics and said it was him. I started him out using a local park as the setting and having him find a secret dungeon in it. I ran him through finding a sword and fighting level 1 monsters and eventually continued onto harder levels and gradually giving him more items.

He knows the value of magic items and potions now, and understands flanking and other rules. He's only 6-years old.

It was a great way to introduce it to him as it pulled him right into the game.

Jack99

Adventurer
HS1 (The Slaying Stone) is the best low-level published adventure for 4e. Or go with Chaos Scar stuff, as ArcaneSpringboard said, most of that is fine and can easily be expanded upon.

Remove ads