A Guide to Combat Roleplay

• Thread starter Tharivious_Meliamne
  • Start date
K

Killion

Hot diggity.

I have to give it to you, this is an excellent look at freeform combat, probably the best reference that I've seen.

Thanks for taking the time to put this up here, both for new users and for rusty veterans such as myself.

Also, cudos on your vocabulary ;)

Regards,

~Ted~

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Thanks Killion, I'm glad to hear that you like the guide. I was more than happy to put this guide together, and it's always good to hear that it's found useful.

Also, I know what you mean about elderly computers.

Kathryn_aka_Kat

First Post
*bump*

With a slightly-modified-from-last-night illustration of how to avoid/not-avoid combat, both typed at about the same time since they appeared at the same instant:

Kat: "Sir, we only ask that if you happen to find something that might possibly contain his soul, if you would consider notifying us?"

Kat's friend: "Get us back his soul, or I'll kill you."

:rolleyes:

O

Obsidianjaerc

Hey the man I was gonna kill if he didnt return it had already threatened me with death.;) :D

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

I didn't have to bump it this time! ( j/k )

Those are both excellent examples of how to avoid / instigate combat respectively. It reminds me of a part I forgot to cover, I've been trying to remember for a while, thanks for the memory boost. :D.

That new section should be up soon, but I have to write it first. What was mentioned will only be a part of it, just stay tuned. :smirk:

T

Tsuko

*Blink, blink, blink, blink, blink, blink. BUMP! :bump:*

Hmm, why am I always so late there isn't anything left to say. . . And now my impersination of the Fonz. :ayyyy!: ~ "Ayyyyyyy."

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Procrastination is a Bad Thing....

Yep, as promised a while ago, new section finally added.

Main post edited to include:
Beginning the Battle and Ending the Battle

I hope these new additions are useful.

Drindin

First Post
Ssussunriyh said:
I've found an elvish site that includes a phrase book and a word translator. I believe it pertains to Ultima Online, it seems to be a variant/dialect of Faerunian (Forgotten Realms) elvish.

The phrase book includes a section listing the names of commonly-used D&D spells, so it should be easy to copy and paste from it for a combat scene.

Here are links for the phrase book and the word translator

I think that's a tolkeinesque translator... might not be, but it sure seems like it...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases