• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Hard Time in Harrowdale: The Cavernous Cellar Caper

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=OOC] How about this? Virtual Battlemat is user friendly and free.
Also You'll need these two images, the basic square you can edit it with pain and add the leter for each thing you want, or paint it and ad it like a token to the grid.
[sblock=Grid]
grids.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=Basic square]
basicsquare.jpg
[/sblock]
The map with this will seem something like this:
http://virtualbattlemat.com/game/example_for_arkandus/
or a snapshot like this
snapshot

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
The Sun Elven lass had been quiet for a while, as she was deep in thought on the recent events. Adventuring had proven pore profitable than she had thought, although it did not grant her the kind of luxury she had back on Evermeet. Abrielle was excited about this new endeavor and wanted to help the group more than last time. "Uh, i don't like dark and smelly caves. We should stay together and move slowly."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Evenar Continues with the same green bravado that he had at the onset of this groups actions, His sword at the ready but strangely silent.

Rhun

First Post
Fayne remains behind Evenar, his glaive held ready to strike.

OOC: I do all my maps in Excel. I tried Virtual Battlemat, but Excel proved easier for me.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Stay focus on the dark areas, if I know vermin, they'll crawl out of the darkness and attack sneakily" says the wizard, tightening the grip of his crossbow.

Arkhandus

First Post
Rats in the Cellar

Evanar leads the way further into the cellar, and the rest follow. As Evanar heads over towards the next-nearest corner of the cellar, he finds......rats! Several of them, the size of children!

They crouch and crawl behind a rack of foodstuffs, and some grain lies spilled on the floor around them where they tore into a sack. The giant rats chitter noisily when the light of Fayne's glaive shines around the corner on them, and they bare their two-inch incisors at the young swordsman!

[sblock=OOC]Initiatives!
The rats got a 20. If you beat Initiative 20, you can take a turn before them.
Only Evanar can see the rats at the moment, though the rest of you can hear them. The rack of food jars, boxes, and pots is in the way of everyone else seeing them (at your current positions).

Map: Garret's Cellar
X X X R O R R ?
s X A R X R O ?
s O a F E X O ?
s X X X O 1 2 3
s X O X O 4 R5 6
? R O X R ? ? ?
? ? ? X X ? ? ?
? ? ? O O O ? ?
Map Key: A = Abde'ragman, a = Abrielle, E = Evanar, F = Fayne, 1-11 = dire rats, X = empty 5-foot space, s = stairway, R = rough terrain (small boxes and such), O = obstacles (piles of stuff you can't cross or see past), ? = areas you can't see yet, yellow areas are lit up, blue areas have shadowy illumination.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Evenar turns around the corner in the celler to see what the racket is from to find the rats of rediculous size! So appaled is he at the sight he is locked in place at the sight!
inititive:
1d20+4=5

Myth and Legend

First Post
As always, Abby is too distracted to notice anything. In this case, it was her effort in not smudging her new boots and dress. Once she hears the things though, she readies her fiddle, ready to start playing an inspiring song.

[sblock] Initative: 5+2=7[/sblock]

Remove ads