A kids' RPG with horses?

fissionessence

First Post
Does anyone know of an RPG where the primary characters are horses? Perhaps something where they would compete in shows as one of the primary conflicts? Building a character would involve things like learning tricks and being prettier and stuff.

I know a girl who would might be interested in this, and I was hoping there would be something to work off of instead of having to make it myself. I saw the Faery's Tale RPG, but even that seems to have more combat than what I'm looking for here.

~

WizarDru

Adventurer
I don't know of one specifically, but you could check the list at the Young People Adventurers League, and see if anything there might fit the bill for you. I would recommend a game like Faery's Tale, if you're looking for a good one.

[EDIT] Sorry, somehow I missed that you knew of Faery's Tale. Combat in that game, though, is only as prevalent as you'd like. I know that Zorceror of Zo and The Prince's Kingdom are both very good RPGs for young players, as well. I'll ask the site's owner, Dr. Awkward, to stop by.

Last edited:

Dr Awkward

First Post
eco is an RPG based around the animal kingdom, and it might suit your purposes - http://www.morriganrpg.com/gm-omni.htm It requires a core book, the Omni system, however - or you could always convert it. (I have the eco book, but not the core system, so I haven't run it for kids yet, which is why it's not on the Young Person's Adventure League site yet).

Personally, it sounds like a job for FUDGE to me. You could whip up some simple stats (like "Prettyness") and skills (Jumping and Prancing), and you'd be pretty much set.

Asmor

First Post
You might also look into Big Ears, Small Mouse (a reimplimentation-- or maybe expansion?-- of Big Eyes, Small Mouth), which focuses on talking-animal-centric American saturday morning cartoons rather than anime.

Crothian

First Post
Aside from Faery's Tale which is really good, the only other RPG that is kids oriented I know is called Meddling Kids. It might be a little hard to find. It is basically Scooby Doo RPG without the Scooby Doo license.

Remove ads