• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Lecture on the Birth of Universes

Tsillanabor

First Post
Goblyn said:
Okay, in that line of thinking, if I follow it correctly(caveat) could then more than one prime be congruent in the astral(as apparently they must be), and share, say, shadow planes as well? At this point it may become clear whether I correctly understood the lecture or not.:)
Before I answer, exactly what do you mean by 'congruent' primes in your question?

Goblyn

Explorer
Tsillanabor said:
Before I answer, exactly what do you mean by 'congruent' primes in your question?

I mean that separate prime material planes are in contact with the astral plane at the same time.

Goblyn

Explorer
Tsillanabor said:
I believe it to be a myth.

Given that, should there be such a creature in existence, could you present a possible rarionale for it? I'll understand if you need some time on this one.

Oh, and this is an awesome thread.

Quasqueton

First Post
May more than one Prime material plane exist at any given time.
Yes, there are several in our own universe. I believe that there are other universes with their own Prime Material Planes . . .
It is my understanding that there is only one Prime Material Plane, but there may be multiple Material Planes.

Quasqueton

genshou

First Post
Tsillanabor said:
[Stuff. A lot of stuff.]
You, sir, are a genius! And you have caused my brain to function at more than idling capacity (which doesn't happen often in this country). I salute you!

Of course, in my own D&D cosmology, it's actually the plane of Shadow in which all cosmologies coexist like apples in a barrel (or in my own words, like islands upon an infinite sea). But your post is something I can take with only slight alteration and actually present to the PCs as text right out of a book their PCs find fragments of. This is great! :D

Tsillanabor

First Post
Goblyn said:
Given that, should there be such a creature in existence, could you present a possible rarionale for it? I'll understand if you need some time on this one.

Oh, and this is an awesome thread.
As I believe that the Spirit Planes are created when Spirit is added to the evolution of the planes, a living plane could theoretically evolve if a material plane possesses the Spirit Planes' ability to absorb souls.

Thank you.

Remove ads