• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Lecture on the Birth of Universes

Tsillanabor

First Post
Quasqueton said:
It is my understanding that there is only one Prime Material Plane, but there may be multiple Material Planes.

Quasqueton
Heh-there are multiple Material planes. Whatever plane the writer lives in mysteriously becomes the 'Prime' Material plane. I call them collectively the Prime Material planes to distinguish them from the Materium. Each Prime can consist of several sub-planes, in which case the primary plane would be the 'Prime.'

Tsillanabor

First Post
genshou said:
You, sir, are a genius! And you have caused my brain to function at more than idling capacity (which doesn't happen often in this country). I salute you!

Of course, in my own D&D cosmology, it's actually the plane of Shadow in which all cosmologies coexist like apples in a barrel (or in my own words, like islands upon an infinite sea). But your post is something I can take with only slight alteration and actually present to the PCs as text right out of a book their PCs find fragments of. This is great! :D
Thanks.

Tsillanabor

First Post
Having read your theory, I believe that there may be more similarities than you might realize. Consider the following:

What about things beyond the comprehension of mere material creatures? What about the creatures so bizarre that our very minds would shatter to conceive of them? While I believe that the Spirit (sometimes known as Outer) Planes are created in a similar manner to your theory, what is the impetus to the creation of the Prime Material Plane? Where do the Elemental, Positive Energy, and Negative Energy Planes fit in?

Tsillanabor

First Post
btw-I was thinking of adding the question and answer session to the appropriate page on my wiki site (see sig). Would any of you mind? I won't use names (unless you have one you want me to use, of course).

Remove ads