D&D 5E A list of Panels for D&D Celebration 2021 has finally been released!

Panel

Game

All times listed are in PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)

Session Zero: Thursday, Sep 23 | 04:00 PM PDT

DAY 1: FRIDAY, SEP 24

7:45 AM

Morning Welcome

8:00 AM

High Rollin' Oxventure: Worlds Collide
DM: Johnny Chiodini

10:00 AM

Intro to Adventurers League
Host: Amy Lynn Dzura

11:00 AM

Disco Does D&D
DM: Noah Averbach-Katz

1:00 PM

The Great Dragon Tourney
DM: Mark Hulmes

3:00 PM

The Feywild: The Wicked & Whimsy
Hosts: Brandy Camel w/ Chris Perkins

4:00 PM

Players of the Yon
DM: Dave Harmon

6:00 PM

Day Wrap

DAY 2: SATURDAY, SEP 25

Morning Welcome

Hermes' Heist
DM: Joe Fudge

My First Character
Host: Jim Zub

11:00 AM

Strixhaven in Session!
Hosts: Elle Osili-Wood w/ Amanda Hamon

12:00 PM

The Slapstick Hunt: A Silly Chase
DM: Amy Vorpahl

2:00 PM

Fizban's Treasure of Dragons Revealed
Hosts: Elle Osili-Wood w/ James Wyatt

DM Roundtable: Immersion
Host: Brandy Camel

4:00 PM

The Circus of Sound — a D&D Musical
DM: Kelly D'Angelo

6:00 PM

Day Wrap

DAY 3: SUNDAY, SEP 26

Morning Welcome

Draconic Heroes and Villains
Host: Todd Kenreck

9:00 AM

Demystifying Session 0
Host: Kienna Shaw

Outlaws & Obelisks: Slowdown Showdown
DM: Jeremy Cobb

12:00 PM

Ask the Sage Live
Hosts: Brandy Camel w/ Jeremy Crawford

1:00 PM

The Dungeon & The Dragon
DM: B. Dave Walters

DM Challenge Winner

3:30 PM

Future of D&D
Hosts: Elle Osili-Wood w/ Ray Winninger & Liz Schuh

4:30 PM

Show Wrap

So cool panels on the upcoming books, but the big Daddy/Mommy Panel like last year is the last one, Future of D&D Hosted by Elle Osili-Wood where she asks questions of Ray Winninger & Liz Schuh about the future of D&D, how that includes announcements of what books is going to be released next year.

Does that mean you think that some or all of next year's releases may be announced at D&D future panel? Last year's only had broad brush stokes about what they were doing, still very informative, but no actually announcements.
It would be a break with the 5e standard of announcing things if they do so this far in advance. Usually they'll wait until one group of releases is out, and then start announcing the next batch (i.e. once the spring books are out, they'll start announcing the autumn releases, and vice-versa). As none of the autumn releases are out yet (although Witchlight will be by then), it does seem early to start announcing things for next year (they tend to want to build hype on the already announced upcoming releases before moving ahead). Usually we start seeing info on the first releases of a given year in January.

The only exception I could see here is if they are releasing a sourcebook for a popular setting early next year - they sort of did that with Eberron, with us getting a teaser announcement in May that the book was coming, for a release that was ultimately in November. Seeing as we know that some setting books are in the works, they very well may say something like "Planescape is coming early next year!" but not give much else in the way of detail.

It would be a break with the 5e standard of announcing things if they do so this far in advance. Usually they'll wait until one group of releases is out, and then start announcing the next batch (i.e. once the spring books are out, they'll start announcing the autumn releases, and vice-versa). As none of the autumn releases are out yet (although Witchlight will be by then), it does seem early to start announcing things for next year (they tend to want to build hype on the already announced upcoming releases before moving ahead). Usually we start seeing info on the first releases of a given year in January.

The only exception I could see here is if they are releasing a sourcebook for a popular setting early next year - they sort of did that with Eberron, with us getting a teaser announcement in May that the book was coming, for a release that was ultimately in November. Seeing as we know that some setting books are in the works, they very well may say something like "Planescape is coming early next year!" but not give much else in the way of detail.

The Standard is already broken with how they announced Witchlight, Fizbans, and Strixhaven. Plus how MtG has done the announcing has been really popular so far, I don't see why it wouldn't be with D&D too.

Remove ads