A Look At The D&D Acquisitions Inc. Book

D&D Beyond has a look at the upcoming Acquisitions, Inc. D&D sourcebook, scheduled for a June 18th release date.

D&D Beyond has a look at the upcoming Acquisitions, Inc. D&D sourcebook, scheduled for a June 18th release date.

book_aidnd05.jpg

Details include:
  • Authors: Shawn Merwin, Teos “Alphastream” Abadia, and Scott Fitzgerald Grey.
  • Archetypes: cartographer, decisionist, documancer, hoardsperson, loremonger, obviator, occultant, secretarian.
  • New race: Verdan.
  • A complete adventure.
  • Monster & NPC stat blocks.

Akodoken

Explorer
This will be the first D&D book I pass on. I'm not a fan of Penny Arcade or Acquisitions Inc and nothing about this book appeals to me.

Akodoken

Explorer
Yup, Omin Dran (Jerry's PC) is a minor character in one of Ed Greenwood's novels, and Perkins has stated that AI is canon on multiple occasions, and deciding canon is part of his job description:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Omin_Dran

People put too much stock in "canon" in TTRPGs. It really doesn't mean squat at the game table where the DM and the players define the reality of their game. That's one of the beautiful and unique things about this hobby. Chris Perkins, whom I have an immense amount of respect for, can say it all he wants to. If we don't accept it at the game table where we interface with that world and make it our own then his input doesn't amount to anything.

As for my group, AI has no place in our Forgotten Realms and that is the only "canon" that matters to us. :)

That said, I will let this thread go. I don't want to troll those who will enjoy this product and I have no desire to harass the lovers of AI. Love what you love. :D

Parmandur

Book-Friend
People put too much stock in "canon" in TTRPGs. It really doesn't mean squat at the game table where the DM and the players define the reality of their game. That's one of the beautiful and unique things about this hobby. Chris Perkins, whom I have an immense amount of respect for, can say it all he wants to. If we don't accept it at the game table where we interface with that world and make it our own then his input doesn't amount to anything.

As for my group, AI has no place in our Forgotten Realms and that is the only "canon" that matters to us. :)

That said, I will let this thread go. I don't want to troll those who will enjoy this product and I have no desire to harass the lovers of AI. Love what you love. :D

Well, sure: Perkins or Greenwood say that all the time. But, insofar as there is any official canon, AI isnpart of it. Has been for years.

Remove ads

Remove ads