• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Magical Society:Ecology and Culture

Shadowdancer

First Post
Any word on the real-world-influenced campaign setting Suzi was talking about at the recent Austin Game Day? I think that setting is a wonderful idea, by the way.

Flyspeck23

First Post
I'm so looking forward to MMS:E&C. :D

That's perhaps my most anticipated book for 2004. :cool:

jgbrowning said:
It will have a lay-flat binding so you can lay it down and it'll stay, and depending upon printing costs there may be a very small print run with hardbacks available only through our web-site.
Sounds great! If the book doesn't close by itself, that'll make a GM's life even easier.

CCamfield

First Post
jgbrowning said:
Following in the foodsteps of A Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe (Gen Con ENnies 2003 Best Setting Supplement), A Magical Society: Ecology and Culture provides real-world phenomenon for a fantasy game.

Build Your World. Better.

Phenomena, perhaps?

Anyhow, it sound very, very cool.

masque

First Post
Wouldn't happen to have a deal for buying both the book and the PDF, would you? Even if I bought the book I wouldn't be able to look at it until August... Do you take preorders?

Turjan said:
I'm really curious how this will come out ! The cover looks great !

The inside's looking awesome as well. We decided on only one artist (Ravindra Rana) so it's very visually cohesive. And he's really good, so that helps...

Shadowdancer said:
Any word on the real-world-influenced campaign setting Suzi was talking about at the recent Austin Game Day? I think that setting is a wonderful idea, by the way.

That, my friend, is a special surprise we've got on the back burner right now. Look for announcements and advertising in 2005.

Flyspeck23 said:
Sounds great! If the book doesn't close by itself, that'll make a GM's life even easier.

We think the lay-flat binding will be very nice to the GM. Since there's a section on mapping, it lets you use both your hands at once without having to weight the book down or break it's spine. We'd like to do the special hardbacks, as some people prefer them, but we'll have to see how much more they'll have to be than the lay-flat's $27. Hopefully, everyone will view the lay-flat as a nice compromise between durability and price. Either that, or everyone will be dissatisfied and throw tomatoes... :D

CCamfield said:
Phenomena, perhaps?

Anyhow, it sound very, very cool.

Um... yeah... Phenomena.... :D

Cergorach said:
WooHoo! A way to celebrate GM's Day and my tax refund. Cool!

We wanted to release the PDF about a month earlier than the book and thought GMs day would be appropriate. It's not going to be on sale (I hope everyone understands, we can't afford to put a brand new release on sale right away), but MMS:WE will be %50 off--the greatest discount so far.

joe b.

Last edited:

d4

First Post
jgbrowning said:
It will have a lay-flat binding so you can lay it down and it'll stay...
hooray! i wish more publishers would do their softcovers with lay-flat bindings. a number of GURPS books are done that way and you wouldn't believe how much difference it makes in using the book!

can't wait to see the actual content, either! ;) :D

masque said:
Wouldn't happen to have a deal for buying both the book and the PDF, would you? Even if I bought the book I wouldn't be able to look at it until August... Do you take preorders?

I'm sorry I missed your post earlier.

We will be taking pre-orders on our web site when we release the freebie preview (middle-late feb.). We'll know shortly whether or not we'll have a limited edition hardback through our web site. Pre-ordered copies will ship after the GAMA trade show to arrive at houses by (or near) April 1st.

We won't be offering coupons for the book (either lay-flat or hardback), but every order (and pre-order) placed through our website will receive a 1/2 off coupon for the PDF if they provide us an e-mail address in the order form. It's kinda-like getting the PDF for free because we offer free shipping to the US and $3 off shipping anywhere in the world.

joe b.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads