• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Map

Galethorn

First Post
Here's a map I made today, in photoshop, from a much cruder (i.e. MS Paint) quality 'for GM use' map I made last week. It's of a mountainous area in my setting, Dying Light, where the PCs are plying their trade.

It took me about five hours.

Comments?

Ilium

First Post
Very nice. It looks like the lettering is actually hand-done (as opposed to a font). Was this originally a scanned piece or did you do the lettering electronically somehow.

Galethorn

First Post
I started by typing the letting in a font (called Tolkien), and then tracing over it using my Wacom tablet in photoshop. Once I was familiar with the font, I did most of the text free-hand.

The whole thing was made electronically, by 'brute force' (i.e. drawing lines by-hand with my tablet) mostly, but some creative copying and pasting, with the trees, for example. The roads and the river have a Stroke layer style (to make the black outlines).

Remove ads