• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Paid trip to Spellhold [IC] Chapter 3: The Prison of Horrors

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Well then, let us be on our way immediately!" Anguish bellows. "Though it will likely end in our deaths, we must at least make the attempt. Do you know the way to the top, wizard?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Pessimist are we?" states the wizard, folding his hands in his broad sleeves. "Indeed I know the way, follow." he declares, as he produces a staff out of nowhere, and moves behind the crates where the lichs where concealing, and up the stairs behind. His robes are dark slate grey and he has long black hair and beard, he doesn't seem to have any kind of tatoo or a particular accent of Thay, moreover, he has the accent of a Baldurian [From Baldur's Gate].

On Puget Sound

First Post
Chizz picks up his dropped longbow and follows the wizard.

(status below assumes we have not had a short rest, since some people wanted to avoid taking one...I don't think the party can pick and choose who gets a rest and who doesn't , either we all do or no one does).

[sblock=status]
+1 attack (bless)
HP: 34/44, +11 thp
Resources available:
action point
second wind
5 thp when first bloodied
Off-Hand Strike
Nasty Backswing
Wounded Beast
Duelist's Prowess
Lucky Charm
Breach Bracers
Potion of Healing (heroic tier)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

tiornys

Explorer
Asterion also follows, hammer and shield ready for action.

OOC: Rune of the Undeniable Dawn is stationary, so we're leaving that behind.

[sblock=Combat Status]HP: 49/49 (11 temp HP) Surges: 11/11 Surge Value: 12
AC: 22 Fortitude: 17 Reflex: 15 Will: 17
Resist: 5 Fire, 5 all Saving Throw mods: none
Speed: 5 Initiative: (+2) xx
Passive Insight: 21 Passive Perception: 16
Action Points: 1 [] Usage this encounter
[] Second Wind

[][][] Failed Death Saves

Current Status:
Rune State of Destruction, Rodric's resistance, +1 attack from Bless

Actions:
[]Standard
[]Move
[]Minor
[]Immediate

Powers:
Word of Diminishment, Word of Exchange, Flames of Purity, Word of the Blinding Shield, Rune of Mending[][], Goring Charge, Rune of the Undeniable Dawn, Rune of the Final Act, Shield of Sacrifice, Lullaby Weapon, Armor of Sacrifice, Amulet of Resolution, Battleforged Shield, Forgemaster's Gloves, Flameburst Weapon

[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post

(status below assumes we have not had a short rest, since some people wanted to avoid taking one...I don't think the party can pick and choose who gets a rest and who doesn't , either we all do or no one does).
OOC: Why do you think this? Some can go down, bind their wounds, pray, trace magic words in their head while the others keep vigilant, holding their weapons and stay ready. I see no fluff problem and no rule against it. It is just a brief 'party-split'.
Or would you say it is impossible for some characters to give chase after a fight while the others stay back and lick their wounds? Same mechanic.

tiornys

Explorer
OOC: Why do you think this? Some can go down, bind their wounds, pray, trace magic words in their head while the others keep vigilant, holding their weapons and stay ready. I see no fluff problem and no rule against it. It is just a brief 'party-split'.
Or would you say it is impossible for some characters to give chase after a fight while the others stay back and lick their wounds? Same mechanic.
OOC: However, if we wait long enough for a short rest, anything that lasts "until the end of the encounter" will end, since that duration caps at 5 minutes, which is the length of a short rest. Temp HP would remain, but that's the only benefit we'd keep.

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: However, if we wait long enough for a short rest, anything that lasts "until the end of the encounter" will end, since that duration caps at 5 minutes, which is the length of a short rest. Temp HP would remain, but that's the only benefit we'd keep.
OOC: You are right. I just reread the Duration rules (p. 278). We can take a short rest, it will take more than 5 min for us to get to them anyway.
:( used both Daily utilities because VV said it would be the last encounter.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: For short rest, let's ask [MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION]. I know a few DM (and I include myself) who doesn't bother about the 5 minutes length. Personally, 30 seconds is well enough for a short rest. I even see a master giving a short rest even if we pass from an encounter to a skill challenge without one seconds to rest... I must tell the adventure was inspired by 24. Do you see Jack Bower taking any rest? The guy is clinically dead and the moment after, he is running a marathon :p As long as it fit the story...

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: I'll allow a rest (to regain encounter powers) but you are only entitled to spend a HS to heal yourself up on a 2 min rest, and you can maintain your Until end of Encounter powers. Or you can take a full short rest, and spend as many surges as you want and regain encounter powers, but lost UEE daily powers in effect.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads