• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Paid trip to Spellhold [IC] Chapter 3: The Prison of Horrors

Durlak

First Post
Seeing the skelentons detroyed Taran hurries to the liches and moving the Death Fang Totem he shouts "Ignis fatuus!" Ligth sprinkles inocently come out of the totem and hit the liches in the face.

[sblock=OCC]
Fairy Fire
Area burst 1 within 10; Each creature in burst
Attack: Wisdom vs. Will
Hit: The target is slowed and grants combat
advantage (save ends both).
Aftereffect: 3d6 + Wisdom modifier (+4) radiant
damage, and the target grants combat advantage
until the end of your next turn.
Miss: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier (+4) radiant damage,
and the target grants combat advantage until the end
of your next turn.

I don't remember well, but I think that I had to roll a dice for the attack and damage separately for each creature.
1d20+8=17, 3d6+4=12, 3d6+4=7, 1d6 + 4=8, 1d6+4=7

Edit: New Attack Roll 1d20+8=28
And use the first damage roll.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
The skeletons fall under the might of Asterion and Roderic's glowing power, and Chizz and Kaedyn's blades.
Meanwhile, the skeletons now controlled by the archmage move to engage the lichs, who combining their power bring down another mage with spikes of ice, that impale the unlucky bastard.
Cliff and Anguish fiercely attack the lich king. Apparently fearing being destroyed way to quickly, the lich shifts from existence, leaving a blue energy tray that dissipates in the air.
Taran calls forth the spirits of the feyworld, hindering and searing the lichs.

[sblock=FINAL BATTLE!]

MAP

Map notes:
-Brown squares are ruined furniture. An athletic 20 can get you through them, they provide cover.
-Anyone moving ahead of row 7 may roll a perception check.
-You can move through the squares occupied by your allies as if they were empty, as long as you end your move on an empty square
-Chamber to the right is not empty, it's content will be revealed as soon as someone opens the door.

Code:
Character   	  Contition/HP

Chizz         34/44		AC: 19	Fort: 18	Ref: 18	Will: 14 11 thp
Binwin       44/52			AC: 21	Fort: 18	Ref: 13	Will: 15 11 thp
Anguish      31/43		AC: 18	Fort: 12	Ref: 16	Will: 18
Kaedyn       50/57		AC: 24	Fort: 20	Ref: 17	Will: 15 11 thp

Sk1    Destroyed		AC: 20	Fort: 20	Ref: 17	Will: ?? Ongoing 5
Sk2    Destroyed		AC: 20	Fort: 20	Ref: 17	Will: ?? Ongoing 5
Sk3    Destroyed		AC: 20	Fort: 20	Ref: 17	Will: ?? Cursed
Sk4    Destroyed		AC: 20	Fort: 20	Ref: 17	Will: ?? Ongoing 5
Sk5    Destroyed		AC: 20	Fort: 20	Ref: 17	Will: ?? Ongoing 5
Sk6    14/50		AC: 20	Fort: 20	Ref: 17	Will: ??
Sk7    12/50		AC: 20	Fort: 20	Ref: 17	Will: ??
Lich1         -30/??	AC: 24	Fort: ??	Ref: 22	Will: ?? Grands combat Advantage, Slowed
Lich2        -23/??		AC: 24	Fort: ??	Ref: 22	Will: ?? Cursed, Grands combat Advantage, Slowed
Lich King   Gone	
Mage1      Dead
Mage2      Dead
Mage Leader  ??/??

Asterion	40/40		AC: 21	Fort: 15	Ref: 19	Will: 18 11 thp
Roderic	47/47		AC: 24	Fort: 17	Ref: 18	Will: 19 11 thp
Taran	        51/51		AC: 19	Fort: 14	Ref: 16	Will: 17 11 thp
Cliff	        51/51		AC: 23	Fort: 18	Ref: 16	Will: 17 11 thp

Group: Resist 5, +1 attack, +11 thp

[/sblock]

On Puget Sound

First Post
With the liches being routed by our side, Chizz turns his attention to the mages, unsure of their intentions.
MOVE: to I-13
STANDARD: move to C13
MINOR: Intimidate, to convince the mage that attacking us would be unwise.

The dead are our enemies; the living are our friends until they prove they're not. You plan to keep living... right?

It would be more convincing if he had not slipped embarrassingly on a puddle of blood on the way, clumsily flailing his arms to keep from falling.

IMMEDIATE REACTION if an adjacent enemy bloodies me or scores a critical hit on me:
Hybrid daily 5: Wounded Beast. Standard or immediate reaction, melee. +10 vs AC, 3d6+5. Miss: half damage. Effect: You can spend a healing surge. Trigger: When an adjacent enemy bloodies you or critically hits you, you can use this power as an immediate reaction. Quarry possible. Also: Chizz gains 5 thp when first bloodied.

[sblock=status]
+1 attack (bless), +2 defenses (undeniable dawn), DR 2 (blessing of battle)
bow is on the ground in O11
HP: 34/44, +11 thp
Resources available:
action point
second wind
5 thp when first bloodied
Off-Hand Strike
Nasty Backswing
Wounded Beast
Duelist's Prowess
Lucky Charm
Breach Bracers
Potion of Healing (heroic tier)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Anguish moves into a more advantageous position to take on the remaining liches. Meanwhile, he intones dark speech and encircles the nearest skeleton with a ring of black energy, then summons forth the power of the fey, firing a bolt of dark, crackling eldritch energy at his lich foe.[sblock=actions]move: move to R2
minor: curse skeleton 6
standard: eldritch blast on lich 2[/sblock][sblock=effects]bless (+1 power to attack)
moment of glory (resist 5 all)
temp hp 11
temp hp 3
do these stack?
Infernal Wrath
Witchfire
Ethereal Stride
Otherwind Stride

Dread Star
Crown of Madness

Cursed: lich in N3, lich king in Q2, skeleton 6[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[MENTION=68988]On Puget Sound[/MENTION], as [MENTION=12460]airwalkrr[/MENTION] correctly interpreted, the Lichs are quite alive (or undead) at the moment. The mage-controlled minions are the skeletons. Not that it wasn't funny to watch at Chizz trying to look intimidating as he tripped over some blood

Velmont

First Post
Cliff move toward the Liches and engage the first one. He slash at it but the Lich block the blow, but not without being burned by the holy strength of the Paladin.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Move: Walk to O3
Minor: Divine Strength
Standard: Majestic Halo vs AC on L2 (1d20+11=18, 3d8+9=24) Miss. Deals 12 fire damages and until the end of the encounter, any enemy starting his turn adjacent to you is under your divine sanction until the end of his turn.[/SBLOCK]

On Puget Sound

First Post
[MENTION=68988]On Puget Sound[/MENTION], as [MENTION=12460]airwalkrr[/MENTION] correctly interpreted, the Lichs are quite alive (or undead) at the moment. The mage-controlled minions are the skeletons. Not that it wasn't funny to watch at Chizz trying to look intimidating as he tripped over some blood

Yes, I know they are still active, but it seems like the party has them in hand, and I couldn't get to them easily through the wall of thorns... so I thought I would spend a turn to dissuade the criminally insane mages from making the fight more complicated.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Kaedyn Thorngood, Human Male Fighter

OOC: Move after everyone else since he is last on Initiative Order of the Players.
Kaedyn hustles after Cliff and Anguish to engage the Liches, planning to defeat them in close combat or die trying.

[sblock=Actions]Start: N/a
Standard Action: Move to R5
Move Action: Move to O2, updated map
Minor Action: none
End: n/a[/sblock][sblock=Mini Stats]HP: 50/57+11THP Bloodied 28; Healing Surges 14HP, 12/day
AC:
24 (22 without Shield)
Fort: 20 Ref: 17 Will: 15
+2 vs. Fear; Resist Poison 5

Weapons in Hand: Shield & Broadsword[/sblock]__________________________

Worang4.jpg
Kaedyn Thorngood

Remove ads