ZEITGEIST A Pixie in Zeitgeist?

DonTadow

First Post
I'm against the idea of a PC railroading the campaign so she can play her own version of the campaign.

If she actually developed the background that 'Ranger did, " I"d allow it, that's creativity. But she just wants to play something "unique" and "annoying". What i like to call the batman syndrome.

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
I'm against the idea of a PC railroading the campaign so she can play her own version of the campaign.

If she actually developed the background that 'Ranger did, " I"d allow it, that's creativity. But she just wants to play something "unique" and "annoying". What i like to call the batman syndrome.

Sorry, but I just don't see how a class/race choice can railroad (or hijack) a campaign. But even accepting that it could, I happen to think that a pixie fits perfectly in Zeitgeist. Did everyone read the same Player's Guide? Risur has a long and complex connection with the Unseen Court, not a wholly antagonistic one. (That's how Duchess Ethelyn of Shale came by all of her fey support.)

DonTadow

First Post
Sorry, but I just don't see how a class/race choice can railroad (or hijack) a campaign. But even accepting that it could, I happen to think that a pixie fits perfectly in Zeitgeist. Did everyone read the same Player's Guide? Risur has a long and complex connection with the Unseen Court, not a wholly antagonistic one. (That's how Duchess Ethelyn of Shale came by all of her fey support.)

Google through the forums, there are a whole mess of end results of these kinds of decisions. Most center around a player choosing some off the wall combination to be cute, and angering and irking other players and the DM with it, then the DM getting on and asking how to get back control of his/her game.

It's the classic case of a player wanting to be "special" and not a apart of the cooperative game that is dungeons and dragons. Elves a already unlikely, a pixie would be downright silly, rolling through streets, expecially with tensions already hightened. Thus, she'd need to have a good backstory.

After she dies 3 more times, we'll see this DM again.

If this was the first occurance, I'd be a little hesitant, but this is the third character from your description. If you've already allowed a vampire, you're already losing the rails on this thing. And the fact that she has died twice indicates that she is too busy trying to play different characters to learn the tactics and game aspects of D&D.

Last edited:

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Get some control over your game. Halfing vampires? Pixies? And you don't like them.

The halfling vampire was fine. The Pixie is not. The player is currently figuring out other options. I was okay with the first and it played; I'm not okay with the second and it won't play. Thanks for your concern about my control over the game, though...

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
and the same logic could easily apply to an Unseen Court liaison. If the RHC is tasked with investigated the "weird stuff", then a fey constable could come in very handy.

The group is currently two Beran immigrants and a native Flinter. We had a problem player we had to remove, who was playing a Tiefling advisor from the Danoran Consulate.

We pretty much came to the same conclusion (that we could fit a pixie in as a Fey Emissary), but the other players indicated to me that their characters would not sit well with another outsider being thrust upon them after the contentious relationship with the Danoran.

We actually enjoyed the idea of a Fey Emissary so much that she's reworking her new character as a Satyr who uses the Walk Among Men feat to stay permanently shapechanged to appear human. We haven't decided yet if the RHC knows about his true nature or not...

Thanks everyone for your ideas and insight.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases