• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

renau1g

First Post
Grim sees the halfling's discomfort and nods in agreement. "Can hear them tromping down already, can't we? Let's not let our quarry escape!"

Grim
draws both swords and abandons all pretense of stealth. He takes several quick steps across the room, and puts his 7 foot frame shoulder first into the door.

[sblock=OOC]
Ability checks are 1d20 + mod + 1/2 lvl, right?

[/sblock]
[sblock=mechanics]Strength check to break down door: (1d20+4=22)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
I love it... this is so much fun I nearly fell off my chair that the PC's got bored waiting for the scouts to return and just walked in with some of the worst stealth rolls evah! Anyways, yes this will be a combat now.
[/sblock]

The door is blown off it's hinges and clatters loudly down a set of stairs. You see that this room is in fact a store room for the shop. There are a few crates in the corner, a table in the center of the room, and chest on the far wall. More importantly, there are three pale, tattooed humanoids huddled near the far side of the cellar. Two of them are halfling-sized, wearing dark black cloaks and seem to be listening to the taller of the three. She is a lean and carries no visible weapons, her pale skin and dark eyes betray the fact she is not human. As you blast the door, they look up at you, weapons drawn. "You've made a mistake, The Shadows ain't takin' kindly to yer presence" as they prepare to engage.

[sblock=OOC]
Note: Square female is on is the chest, she's leaning on it right now
Lighting: Lantern on table provides bright illumination

Init:
Raiyek - 21 <- you're up
Female - 20
Xoc - 19
Kruk - 14
Cloaks - 13
Grim - 12
Georg - 11
Carolina - 8 (sorry, Nat 1)
Grim, kruk; raiyek; xoc; carolina; georg (1d20+5=12, 1d20+3=14, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+2=19, 1d20+7=8, 1d20+2=11, 1d20+6=20, 1d20+6=13)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
As soon as the door is down, Raiyek rushes past Grim into the storeroom. Taking a quick assessment of their foes, he decides to go after the female. "Your Shadows will be silent. By Palladys, you will pay for your sins!" A golden aura surrounds his blade as it flies towards his foe.[sblock=OOC]Alright then, let's get this party started! :D

Move: to B0, if I can. If I can't, then I'll move to C1 instead. Not quite sure if I can go diagonally into Grim's square, or diagonally past the corner of the table.

Minor: Divine Challenge the female, if I could get to B0. Otherwise Divine challenge Cloak 1. Target is marked, and takes 5 radiant damage the first time it makes an attack that doesn't include me.

Standard: Holy Strike vs. whoever I marked with Divine Challenge: 1d20+7=15, 1d10+6=15. Might hit, might not. Thinking not, heh.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 2
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:33/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left:11/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: available
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As soon as the door is down, Raiyek rushes past Grim into the storeroom. Taking a quick assessment of their foes, he decides to go after the female. "Your Shadows will be silent. By Palladys, you will pay for your sins!" A golden aura surrounds his blade as it flies towards his foe.

As Raiyek moves the closest cloaked figure stabs at the paladin, but the blow rings loudly off the elf's armour.

The woman smiles at as she easily dodges the blade, the longsword clanging loudly off the chest. "Enjoy the darkness, holy one!" as she concentrates and Raiyek is enveloped in thick, writhing shadows that seem to sap the very life from him and obscure his vision.

[sblock=OOC]
*Map hasn't changed much, except Raiyek is at B0 & aura, also if everyone can remember to have their combat stats in their posts, same as Raiyek.

Female - Aura 2, cloud providing concealment & all squares in it are difficult terrain (all enemies and Raiyek are in the effect)

Note: Square female is on is the chest, she's leaning on it right now
Lighting: Lantern on table provides bright illumination

Init:
Raiyek - 21
Female - 20
Xoc - 19 <- you're up
Kruk - 14
Cloaks - 13
Grim - 12
Georg - 11
Carolina - 8 (sorry, Nat 1)
Grim, kruk; raiyek; xoc; carolina; georg (1d20+5=12, 1d20+3=14, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+2=19, 1d20+7=8, 1d20+2=11, 1d20+6=20, 1d20+6=13)
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Grim]
If only you're noisy companions hadn't alerted them to your presence ;)
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
My fault everyone...I haven't quite adjusted to carrying the shield yet. I didn't mean to drop it as I was doing my best to tip toe to the door. I'll gladly give everyone in the party 2 gold pieces a piece for my low stealth roll...although...Raiyek's stealth roll was not much higher...ha ha.

If we somehow make it through this battle I promise to shut up (that's going to be hard to do) and not take the initiative anymore. Well...I'll try not to anyway.
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Meh. I was going to push for going in and bashing the door down just like we did anyway. Either way, us walking tanks probably would have let them know we were coming. No biggie to me ;)[/sblock]

N3rday

First Post
Xoc charges into the room, throwing himself at the nearest cloaked figure.

[sblock=OOC]
Okay, here goes.

Xoc moves to C3 and uses Opening Shove. If hits, Cloak 2 is pushed to A3, and one ally I can see may shift 2 squares.

Attack Roll for Opening Shove (1d20+6=15, 1d10+4=5)
Note - forgot to subtract -2 for concealment to roll, looks like a miss =(. I was trying to open up a space for Kruk to get in and tank stuff - alas.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk sees Raiyek go left and Xoc go right. Kruk attempts the middle. Hopping of the stairs he runs towards the crate and attmepts to leap over it into the darkness. Kruk screams as he leaps "huuuuyyyyaarrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhh!"

[sblock=OOC]
athletic roll in attempt to leap over the crate: 1d20+6 = 10

If he clears the crate he lands on on B2 and attacks with cleave against cloak guy on the left (taking advantage of flanking opprotunity).

In darkness do I get the +2 for flanking cloak guy on the left? Also, what is the "to hit" penalty when inside the darkness?

If he doesn't clear the crate, he'll finish his movement ending up at C1 and attack left cloak guy.

I'll finish my attack once you let me know if I cleared the crate.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads