• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Kruk/Xoc]
As an FYI, Xoc's attack will barely miss (stupid concealment). Just in case that affect's your decision
[/sblock]

N3rday

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Kruk: everything in the aura is concealed, which gives you a -2 to all attack rolls to attacking anyone within the aura (concealment rules in PHB). If you're flanking, the +2 from combat advantage will cancel out the -2 from concealment.

However, what I don't know is how difficult terrain affects jump distance, since your jump is part of your movement and the aura is difficult terrain. We will have to wait to see if renau1g says you cleared it or not.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I'd imagine jumping wouldn't normally be affected by difficult terrain although in this case the aura affects even flying creatures so it will affect jumping as well. I've sent Kruk a PM with some further details about a variety of options for him to take.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk clears the table and plunges into the darkness landing in the space between the two cloaked figures (B2). He turns to his left and makes a sweeping attack with his axe with the intention of hitting multiple targets. "Get a taste of my axe you fiends!"

[sblock=actions]
MOVEMENT: Jump to B2
ATTACK: Cleave: cloak figure located at B1: 1d20+8-2 (concealment)+2(flanking) = 20
for 1d10+4 =5
Additional 4 points damage is done to tatoo Girl at A1.
MINOR: None

Mark cloak dude at B1 and mark the tatoo girl at A1 (only if it doesn't effect Raiyek's divine challenge. If it does, then I only want to mark the cloak dude)
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Kruk clears the table and plunges into the darkness landing in the space between the two cloaked figures (B2). He turns to his left and makes a sweeping attack with his axe with the intention of hitting multiple targets. "Get a taste of my axe you fiends!" the blade slashes into the cloaked figures thigh, and the force of the attack carries it into the female, drawing a minor wound from her as well. As the dwarf leaps, the second cloaked figure stabs at him, but the dwarf's heavy shield blocks the feeble strike.

Xoc charges into the room, throwing himself at the nearest cloaked figure, finding himself enveloped in the shadows, their presence causing him to miscalculate his strike.

The two cloaked figures attempt to stab Kruk from either side, hoping their tactics will confound the dwarf's ability to defend itself. The first strike is well short and the blade strikes the table, while the other manages to pierce the dwarf's armour, finding a seam in the back.

[sblock=OOC]
Kruk hits Cloak 1 for 5 damage and female for 4 damage

Xoc misses

Cloak 1 misses Kruk, Cloak 2 hits AC 25 for 6 damage

Cloak 1: Marked by Kruk
Female - Aura 2, cloud providing concealment & all squares in it are difficult terrain (all enemies and Raiyek are in the effect)

Lighting: Lantern on table provides bright illumination

Init:
Raiyek - 21
Female - 20
Xoc - 19
Kruk - 14
Cloaks - 13
Grim - 12 <- you're up
Georg - 11
Carolina - 8 (sorry, Nat 1)
Grim, kruk; raiyek; xoc; carolina; georg (1d20+5=12, 1d20+3=14, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+2=19, 1d20+7=8, 1d20+2=11, 1d20+6=20, 1d20+6=13)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg sees his allies clustered among their foes in the darkness. You're all to close in for me to get a good shot. He grumbles and moves in carefully, leaping down a short distance off the stairs so his short legs can carry him next to the cloaked figure on the right. He slams his staff to the floor and unleashes a wave of thunder, rattling the casks of wine and slamming into the dark one.

[sblock=OOC]Assuming Grim's attacks are resolved somehow (is he on the table?) Georg will move to C4 and throw a thunderwave that will only attack one target, lest he hit an ally.
1d20+4=11;1d6+4=9 vs Fortitude
Unless they have weak constitutions (from being pale, pasty and white) and concealment doesn't help against an area attack this might not hit.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Round 1 - Mid-round Update

Inspired by Kruk's cry, Grim follows down the stairs: "...and my swords as well!" he calls, glowering at one of the cloaked figures. His blades danced between the two as he moved. Both weapons find their marks against the cloaked figures, the second strike drawing a deep crimson line across the enemy's midsection.

Georg sees his allies clustered among their foes in the darkness. You're all to close in for me to get a good shot. He grumbles and moves in carefully, leaping down a short distance off the stairs so his short legs can carry him next to the cloaked figure on the right. He slams his staff to the floor and unleashes a wave of thunder, rattling the casks of wine and slamming into the dark one, but the small creature weathers the storm.

[sblock=OOC]
*Map hasn't changed much, except for allies positions

Grim hits Cloak 1 for 4 and Cloak 2 for 18

Georg Misses

Cloak 1 misses Kruk, Cloak 2 hits AC 25 for 6 damage

Cloak 1: Marked by Kruk
Female - Aura 2, cloud providing concealment & all squares in it are difficult terrain (all enemies and Raiyek are in the effect)

Lighting: Lantern on table provides bright illumination

Init:
Raiyek - 21
Female - 20
Xoc - 19
Kruk - 14
Cloaks - 13
Grim - 12 <- you're up
Georg - 11
Carolina - 8 (sorry, Nat 1)
Grim, kruk; raiyek; xoc; carolina; georg (1d20+5=12, 1d20+3=14, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+2=19, 1d20+7=8, 1d20+2=11, 1d20+6=20, 1d20+6=13)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Pay no attention to the judge behind the curtain...]Just popping in to note that Hunter's Quarry damage is maxed on a crit too, so I make it 1d12+1d6=18 on Grim's crit.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
The two cloaked figures attempt to stab Kruk from either side, hoping their tactics will confound the dwarf's ability to defend itself. The first strike is well short and the blade strikes the table, while the other manages to pierce the dwarf's armour, finding a seam in the back.

Kruk glares at the cloaked figure who delivered the piercing blow. "That was a big mistake. You'll pay for that, whether it be from my axe or someone else's blade!" All the while, Kruk prepares his next attack.

[sblock=OOC]
Nice crit Grim!
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads