• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
You can use whatever you'd like, note that it's a lantern and will require someone's free hand to carry it.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk looks at the opening to the foul smelling sewers. "I can't see a thing down there." He looks around and notices the light source in the room. "This will do", picking up the light source from the table while strapping the shield on his back." Are we ready everyone?

[sblock=ooc]
I carry the light source if no one has one. I'd prefer not to, but I will if no one else has one.]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]It would probably work better if Georg cast light on Kruk's shield or mine, or something like that. We can still take the lantern, but I think someone who doesn't use both hands to fight should carry it.[/sblock]

N3rday

First Post
Xoc reaches for the lantern, preparing to head down into the sewers. "This looks...ominous."

[sblock=OOC]I can carry it in my shield hand, and then put it down if and when combat starts. Having Georg use light would also be fine, it doesn't really matter to me.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek nods to Kruk, then to Xoc. "Indeed. Palladys be our shield." The elf gets ready to climb down into the sewers.
[sblock=OOC]I figure it can't hurt to have two lights. Carolina might not like it so much, though ;)

Before I forget again: Welcome back, renau! How was your holiday? Get any deer?[/sblock]

N3rday

First Post
Xoc laughs. "Yeah, I have an idea, Kruk...you go first."

[sblock=OOC]
Defenders first, followed by squishier folks, with ranged attackers in back? I'm no D&D veteran or anything, but that sounds like a decent idea to me.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The group descends into the darkness, the shield of Kruk and lantern of Xoc fighting against the subterrenean air. The smell of city life hits you like a goliaths warhammer when you climb the ladder, its grime sticking to your hands as you descend. Kruk hits the ground first and sees a river of sewage next to the path. There is an intersection ahead where four tunnels meet.

The only sounds you hearing are the soft movement of the water, the occasional squeak of a rodent and the steady dripping of a pipe.

[sblock=Raiyek/Carolina]
The sewer water doesn't move in the direction you'd expect, suggesting something large lying beneath the surface
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Features of the area:
Ceiling 20 feet high
Sewage: DC 10 athletics to move through it (difficult terrain) DC 15 to climb out of it onto a ledge
Pipe (just N of intersection): Can be crossed with DC 16 Acrobatics, if fail fall prone in water
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek climbs down the ladder, grimacing at the filth getting smeared on his armor. Before he can comment, something catches his eye and he scrutinizes the water for a couple moments after making his way down the ladder. "Something isn't right here. There's something ... big under ... what we'll call 'water', for want of a better word."
[sblock=OOC]Raiyek is going to spend an action looking at the water more carefully, see if he can notice anything else to indicate what might be under it.
Perception (1d20+11=18).[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 2
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 33/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left:7/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: used
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads