• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Problem of Nobility or Things that go Bump in the Night (Covaithe Judging)

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Mind your back, Dwarf! Something coming from the north!" Carolina screams at Kruk as she loads her crossbow and fires at the zombie.

[sblock=OOC]Ren, would you mind rolling Carolina's basic crossbow attack for me.. I'm a but pressed for time right now, but I wanted to post while I was here so that I wouldn't hold things up again. Thanks.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Sooo ... what are my options at the moment? Can I do an escape grab to get un-engulfed? If that's not an option, I guess my next move would be to either heal myself or attack the cube. Are either of those possible? Also, would forced movement on the cube take me with it? That might be a good thing to do, if someone would oblige. Raiyek can probably only take one more round in the cube unless he escapes or gets some healing.[/sblock]
[sblock=Raiyek stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin (Palladys) 2
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19; Low-light vision
AC:21, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 13/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left:7/11
Resist 5 poison
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: available
Powers
Valiant Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands (3/3)
Piercing Smite, Channel Divinity, Elven Accuracy, Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment
Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Raiyek gain a +1 bonus to Perception.[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC Lord Sessadore and Judge]You are dazed, so you can only take one action unless you have an action point (which if your stats are up to date, you don't)
You can heal yourself or hope Xoc does (who goes next?) or escape. I can try to push the Cube 2 squares with Thunderwave, BUT not sure on escape for you. Here is the PHB " If a pull, a push, or a slide moves you or the creature you’re grabbing out
of your reach, the grab ends." Though the cube has reach, I think....
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Initiative order is me, Kruk, then Xoc.

Yes, I only have one action to work with. If I was just grabbed I'd probably try to escape, but I don't know if Engulf has extra rules on it. If it takes 2 actions to escape (engulfed->grabbed->free) that would change things.

Same thing for forced movement: if engulfed doesn't say that the cube takes me with it when it's pushed, pulled, or slid, then forced movement can get me free. But if being engulfed means I'm dragged along, then that's pointless again.

In any case, I'll be at 5 hp at the start of my turn from the ongoing damage, so I will probably heal myself this turn. I'd still like for ren to weigh in on this, though, if possible. It'd be nice to know the exact mechanics of getting free from the cube, but I understand if ren doesn't want to disclose that. ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

N3rday

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Man, it's hard keeping track of whose turn it is, seems like everyone is going out of order. So Kruk went in advance, which means Raiyek posts next, and then me?

And yeah, Raiyek is dazed so only one action. If you want me to throw an Inspiring Word your way on my turn so that you can use the turn to attack, let me know. That's what I'm here for. :D [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
You can escape the grab:
grab. A creature that escapes the grab shifts to a square of its choosing adjacent to the cube. So you can use your 1 action to try to escape, attack the ooze or heal yourself.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]

Man, it's hard keeping track of whose turn it is, seems like everyone is going out of order. So Kruk went in advance, which means Raiyek posts next, and then me?

And yeah, Raiyek is dazed so only one action. If you want me to throw an Inspiring Word your way on my turn so that you can use the turn to attack, let me know. That's what I'm here for. :D [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Hey everyone. I apologize about going out of order with initiative. I had to drive 600 miles today, returning from a vacation, and I didn't know when I'd be able to post again. My thought process at the time of the post was to keep the game moving. Also, knowing that Raiyek was going to be busy with the cube, I felt that I'd try to keep the other enemies off everyone's back. But then I remembered after posting that renau1g doesn't post on weekends, which meant that the game was not going to be delayed anyway.

My humble apologies to Raiyek and the rest of the group. I don't like it when others post out of turn, so I shouldn't have done it either. This was definitely an pbp foul. I'll redo my entire post, after Raiyek has done his, if everyone agrees that this is what must be done to rectify the situation.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
One thing I like about having the PC's post their actions all at once is that at least you can all post your action and then if the situation changes (like it did for Grim) than you can edit/update your actions.
[/sblock]

Remove ads