• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) A question about Stances and Herald's manouvers

spartanah

Explorer
I love A5E and I enjoy leveling up as more mechanics open up, and diversity is my favorite thing in D&D.
My question is that I didn't understand if stances require an exertion point, and the second question, can a Herald spend hit die to get exertion points? since he doesn't really have a pool but he needs to sacrifice spell slots.

thank you

Anselm

Adventurer
I love A5E and I enjoy leveling up as more mechanics open up, and diversity is my favorite thing in D&D.
My question is that I didn't understand if stances require an exertion point, and the second question, can a Herald spend hit die to get exertion points? since he doesn't really have a pool but he needs to sacrifice spell slots.

thank you
Yes activating a stance requires spending exertion. The cost is listed in the same way as other maneuvers (Heavy Stance (1 point)). I'm not sure about the herald question but my gut reaction is that you cannot spend hit dice in the same way other classes allow.

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
can a Herald spend hit die to get exertion points? since he doesn't really have a pool but he needs to sacrifice spell slots.
That's a great question! Anselm is correct—when a herald expends spell slots to get exertion points they create a temporary exertion pool. Like temporary hit points and hit points, a temporary exertion pool and an exertion pool are similar but not quite the same.

Remove ads