D&D General A Question about Waterdeep - Where does the Drinking Water come from?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I’ve been ruminating on a version where the Lords Alliance has become an actual ruling body of idiots with inherited titles across the Sword Coast and The North, and it’s time for a revolution, not only against them but also against the aristocracy en masse.

Figuring out who in my circles would be excited for that premise, and how exactly to set it up.
Just realized that the premise works really well in Stormreach in Eberron, rebelling against the Twelve and the Five Nations.

doctorbadwolf

That’s an interesting version of the spell plague. Just flat out kill all those pesky npcs.
I mean sure, could do that too. I’d rather just…have a revolution about it, though. In terms of playing in the setting.

I even have a character ready, a tinker and writer, revolutionary and admirer of pretty married noblewomen, with some inspiration from the Hamilton of the musical, but also her own story as a Netherese refugee with mixed feelings about so-called heroes who topple nations in their grudge matches and quietly retire to their peaceful Dales.

“…We are, meant to be
City-states runnin independently.
Meanwhile, the Chosen interfere with us endlessly.
Essentially, they rule us relentlessly
And Elminster turns the Netherese into refugees
They ain’t ever gonna set their “dependents” free, so there will a revolutions in this century.
(
Enter me) she says in parentheses”

Is it bad parody? Yerp, but it’s fun. 😅

pukunui

Legend
That’s an interesting version of the spell plague. Just flat out kill all those pesky npcs.
In fairness to WotC, they did kill off a whole lot of the big name NPCs via the Spellplague. But people like Ed Greenwood and RA Salvatore weren’t happy about it, so they had to contrive ways to make some of them survive (or be reborn).

Hussar

Legend
I mean sure, could do that too. I’d rather just…have a revolution about it, though. In terms of playing in the setting.

I even have a character ready, a tinker and writer, revolutionary and admirer of pretty married noblewomen, with some inspiration from the Hamilton of the musical, but also her own story as a Netherese refugee with mixed feelings about so-called heroes who topple nations in their grudge matches and quietly retire to their peaceful Dales.

“…We are, meant to be
City-states runnin independently.
Meanwhile, the Chosen interfere with us endlessly.
Essentially, they rule us relentlessly
And Elminster turns the Netherese into refugees
They ain’t ever gonna set their “dependents” free, so there will a revolutions in this century.
(
Enter me) she says in parentheses”

Is it bad parody? Yerp, but it’s fun.

Sorry. I was being glib. It’s a fantastic idea honestly. So many directions it could go.

doctorbadwolf

Sorry. I was being glib. It’s a fantastic idea honestly. So many directions it could go.
It’s all good. I normally dislike stuff like The Boya, but for some reason I love the idea of at least having a character who is convinced that the chosen and other hyper-powerful beings are terrible for the people.

Remove ads