D&D 5E A reptilian world?

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Also, aren't grippli and grungs amphibians, not reptiles?
over-the-hedge-dwayne.gif

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Dracotaurs - Centaurs
Pterafolk - Aarakocra
Sahuagin - Tritons
Aarakocra are already reptilian
Sahuagin are fish
Dracotaurs are cool though :)

and Saurials would be giantish (goliaths?)

and dont forget the Urd =Sprites

however like Umbran I'd go with their own cultures rather than race analogs

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
I could be wrong, but I think your missing the point. The fun is in making these analogies and seeing what others come up with.
Nah, the fun's actual worldbuilding. Less 'Oh yeah let's just slot these into the tried and boring generic fantasy races" and more exploring how it can be fun.

Saurials as just elf? Yaawn, not even the same conceptual flavor. That's losing the fun of saurials.
Exploring and adding to Saurials? Adding tyrant kingdoms of T-rex-alikes at war with their southern Giganotosaurus neighbours? Seafaring Spineback not-spinosaurus catching the most absurdly huge catches of anything? Mountaintop shrines of furry Pachyrhinosaurus, guarded by Yutyrannus guards? That's the fun stuff right there

jgsugden

Legend
It seems to me the draw of a reptilian world would be to do something different than a typical world - so why make analogues at all? Why make it dwarves/humans/elves in cosplay? Why not keep it a bit more 'alien' and not look for translations, but ask how these creatures might have developed without the warm blooded races, and let those cultures collide.

For my part, I'd add a larger sea component with sahaugin, locathaah, kuo-toa, merrow, etc... controlling the coastlines, and rather than having the plains forests and mountains be the main civilized area, I'd have there be more swampland and have that be the dominant terrain, supported by thick jungle instead of forests.

Also dinosaurs.

Remove ads