• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

nerdytenor

First Post
Ingot stands as well, its eyes glowing a mellow, cherry red color. "Well Dorn, Crag - it almost seems as if our fates are intertwined with dragons, doesn't it? First Rigas and Ershaz, and now these. Shall we call ourselves the Wyrmling Slayers, would that be premature?

Dorn seems strangely moved by Ingot's words. Where Dorn grew up, expressions of comradeship, or any other such signs of affection, were considered a sign of weakness. Dorn has always considered this a flaw in his upbringing, and he desperately seeks connection with others. Still, old habits die hard.

"That..." Dorn tries. "That would be good," Dorn says finally, just managing a smile.

OOC: First surge heals an extra 9. No need to roll the second one as it will take Dorn to full no matter what.

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 2
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 17, Fort 12, Reflex 15, Will 17 (base defenses)
HP 27/27 Bloodied 13 Surge Value 6, Surges 4/6
Speed 6, Initiative +5
Action Points: 0

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Psychic (resist 5, ignore 5 enemy resistance)

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Ice Javelins
Deep Shroud
Deathstalker Dagger

1x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Jax frowns upon hearing the nickname, but he remains quiet. He does not speak much during the rest of the journey. Rather, he continuously reflects on the encounter with the near-sacred dragons. Finally, the party arrives at their destination.

"We are here! Shall I scout a bit first? Or do we go together?"

ooc: 2 surges + an extra 14 hp.

[sblock=Jax stat block]Jax- Male Kobold Rogue 1
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:11, Reflex:17, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:24/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:2/7
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used

Conditions: none.

Powers
Shifty
Piercing Strike
Sly Flourish
Positioning Strike
Blinding Barrage
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag looks at his companions and thinks back on their last battle.

"Scouting, little Jax, would certainly bring us better information on what lies ahead. However, I would hate to think what would happen if you were to run into another dragon or two while we were not there to protect you. I think we should stick together. Let me go first, Terra has shown that she wants to protect me, so I should be the first to take a hit. I think that after me, should be Dorn, then Ingot, Jax, and then Rrek. This way, we are protected from the front and the back, and our ranged attacking friends will be right next to Ingot and they will have to get through Rrek and I before they can get at Dorn or Jax. Keeping Ingot, our only healer, in the middle, would be the most sound tactics I think.

Closing his eyes a moment, Crag tries to contact Terra, hoping to get another vision that would show him that they were in the right place.

Kalidrev

First Post
Feeling the mental tug that let him know that Terra was guiding him on, Crag raises his sword, pointing it towards the ruins.

"This way! Follow me everyone!"

Crag marches on, making sure that his companions are behind him so that he can better protect them.

"Stay alert. I expect an ambush or a trap here."

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Hi, I'm back! Sorry, did not have internet at all on vacation.

I will get caught up and start posting later today (maybe not until the evening).[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As the group enters the ruins, Crag looks for trouble, but doesn't locate anything hostile in the area, nor does Dorn behind him. A soggy gloom fills the crumbling ruins of this keep. The few intact walls cast thick pools of shadows that obscure the jumbled mess of debris that covers the spongy wooden floor. A wet, boggy stench saturates the interior of the ruins, likely
from the thick pits of mud that bubble up from some hidden reservoir below, creating wallows of slimy muck. As you enter the area, Jax calls out that there are hidden creatures spread throughout the area. With the kobold's aid the rest of you spot the threats. Squatting in muddy wallows amid the ruined keep are half a dozen froglike humanoids. Some of them grip crude spears and javelins, while the others are naked save for a coating of filthy mud. A chorus of deep, reverberating croaks echoes off the walls of the ruins when the creatures see you.

[sblock=Enemies]
Bullywug Croakers - Rancid Air (Poison) aura 2; each enemy that spends a healing surge within the aura is weakened until the end of its next turn.
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 14; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 1

Bullywug Muckers - Rancid Air (Poison) aura 2; each enemy that spends a healing surge within the aura is weakened until the end of its next turn.
HP 34; Bloodied 17
AC 12; Fortitude 12, Reflex 12, Will 10

Bullywug Twitcher - Rancid Air (Poison) aura 2; each enemy that spends a healing surge within the aura is weakened until the end of its next turn.
HP 34; Bloodied 17
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 13
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
*Please roll dice in the below room (simple errand is the room name).

Online Dice Roller
Jax - 20 - 24/24 - 2/7 <- you're up
Crag - 17 - 49/49 - 14/14
Rrek - 15 - 33/33 - x/12 - Rrek need to know how many surges you used
Bad Guys
Dorn - 11 - 27/27 - 4/6
Ingot - 9 -32/32 - x/9 - need to know how many surges you used
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
Seeing that the bullywugs are not immediately ready for combat, Jax says,

"Crag, you were right. There is an ambush, but it is a very poor one!"

Heedless of the danger, Jax takes the initiative and runs straight at the frogmen before him. He slams his dagger into the tougher looking of the amphibian pair and then, after menacingly raising his blade above his head, chases his target away into a side room. "Yaaahrr! Shoo, shoo!"

[sblock=actions/strategy]Minor: draw dagger.
Move: Walk to the square just south of the closest twitcher. If the squares of rubble are difficult terrain, I should still have enough move to get there.
Standard: Positioning Strike vs Twitcher, w/combat advantage, hits will 21 for 15 damage (including sneak attack). Jax slides the twitcher southwest, then west, then north, so that it ends up in the square west of his croaker buddy (but on the other side of the wall).

I'm thinking either Crag or Rrek could block the east entrance to the side room with the enemies in it (and one shot the closest minion), then the other defender could take care of the northern enemies.[/sblock]
[sblock=Jax stat block]Jax- Male Kobold Rogue 1
Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 10
AC:17, Fort:11, Reflex:17, Will:13 -- Speed:6
HP:24/24, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:2/7
Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used

Conditions: none.

Powers
Shifty
Piercing Strike
Sly Flourish
Positioning Strike