• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=rubble]It's marked on the map with the little triangle indicating difficult terrain.[/sblock]

[sblock=status]Jax, should I go ahead and heal you? It will weaken you due to the bullywugs' auras. (Though I'm not sure if we're supposed to know about that aura in character.)

Also, I could use Armor of Faith to give Jax a +4 bonus to Fort defense until end of encounter. But that might be jumping the gun - it is a daily. Still, I bet there will be plenty of poison attacks yet to come.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
That is available IC as a DC 15 Nature check
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn never had much of a place in his heart for frogs, although, to be fair, most of the ones he grew up with were not exactly a mortal threat.

The young sorcerer throws out his arms, and a powerful electric shock gravely wounds one of the frogs while felling another. (OOC: Lightning strike hits Mucker (with cover, it hits him exactly) near Jax for 18 lightning damage (with furious assault). The minion next to it takes an auto-hit as well.)

Dorn wrinkles his half-orc nose as the putrid stench of cauterized frog-flesh fills the air.

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 2
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 17, Fort 12, Reflex 15, Will 17 (base defenses)
HP 27/27 Bloodied 13 Surge Value 6, Surges 4/6
Speed 6, Initiative +5
Action Points: 0

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Psychic (resist 5, ignore 5 enemy resistance)
+1 AC from even roll

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
USED Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Ice Javelins
Deep Shroud
Deathstalker Dagger

1x potion of healing
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ok, Ingot doesn't make that nature check passively, so helps make my decision easier, to go ahead and heal Jax. :) Also, I think I am going to go ahead and lay the armor of faith on him. He has so few surges left and his fortitude is so low![/sblock]

Ingot is initially amused by the strange, frog-like creatures, but then watches with concern as the bullywugs rally, knocking Jax from his feet. It steps in front of Dorn, itching to join the melee, but holds back. Let the battle develop before charging in... and help Jax, first! A quick prayer sends healing energy over the prone kobold.

Ingot concentrates and its eyelights flash. The holy symbol embedded on its chest rotates one quarter turn clockwise, and clicks loudly. A beam of reddish light leaves the symbol and illuminates Jax. The red light coalesces into a transparent suit of heavy plate armor for a brief moment. The insubstantial armor is full-sized, so Jax appears to be swimming in it. Then the armor fades away. A radiant hammer symbol of Vulkar glows on Jax's chest for a few moments longer.

[sblock=actions]Move: to R6
Minor: Healing Word on Jax (1d6+3=8) (good roll!)
Standard: Armor of Faith on Jax. +4 power bonus to Fort defense until end of the encounter.[/sblock]
[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 2
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC:19, Fort:15, Reflex:12, Will:17 -- Speed:5
HP:32/32, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges left:6/9
Initiative -1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand, Healing Word(x2), Healing Strike, Avenging Flame, Armor of Faith, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead), [Warforged Resolve
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=renau1g]Ok, it will not change my turn significantly. Ingot will just move a step forward probably. I'll edit my post to do that in a little while.[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=After Crag]
Rrek is surrounded by his enemies but seems to be content to have them all so close.

A teeth baring grin splits his face and he thrusts his sword into the air, pulling power into his outstretched arm and exploding the power out around him.

The power releases as hundreds of miniature swords, in a variety of different styles. They fly end over end at the enemies that surround him.

Several of the swords eviscerate the croaker, spilling his froggy innards out over the muddy ground. A spasm of a leg causes the croaker to flip over and a hollow sounding ribbit sounds as he breathes his last breath.

The mucker takes the attack better but its rubbery hide is slashed open in several areas by the magical blades.

The twitch manages to jump over the attack twisting in mid air to avoid the spinning swords.

After his succesful attack Rrek feels heartened and once again draws upon his magic, this time his blade quivers with thunderous magic. He slashes at the Mucker, as lightning crackles in the trail of his blade.

The magic knocks the Mucker back for a second the thunder rippling from an ugly looking wound across the Mucker's torso.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Sword of Sigils Attack on the Mucker - [7,8] = (15)
Sword of Sigils Attack on the Twitch - [3,8] = (11)
Sword of Sigils Attack on the Croaker - [14,8] = (22)
Sword of Sigils Damage - [2,5] = (7)
Spend Action Point
Booming Blade Attack on the Mucker - [14,8] = (22)
Booming Blade Damage - [8,5] = (13)
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I'm just waiting for Jax to complete his turn. I don't want to ruin what Jax might do by posting something (no metagame actions, lol). If Jax wants to delay until after my turn, then I can grab the attention of the two creatures on him, but other than that, I'm not going to post any actions or suggestions, lol [/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=ooc / metagame]Yes, I'm waiting for Crag. Also note that the croaker next to me is already dead by Dorn's hand.

By the way, I assume that our characters our communicating with each other in combat, hand signals and spoken dialogue, etc. I don't consider it "metagaming" to talk strategy, especially if it's something like "move over there and so we can flank!" Metagaming is knowledge our characters couldn't have, not something we could have just communicated to each other in a few seconds. Of course, maybe our friendly DM considers it otherwise. /shrug[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads