A supposedly great thing that I'll never watch again- Great media that left you cold

Red Dead Redemption 2. While the story and characters were certainly well done, the gameplay was some of the most poorly paced I've ever experienced in a video game.

The Last of Us. Found it a chore to play, and the characters all acting illogically while the game presents it as SERIOUS DRAMA sure doesn't help. Also, the main character is an irredeemable scumbag. Not at all interested in the sequel, either.

Also, can Game of Thrones even be considered great anymore? It's been a legitimately bad show for just as long (last 4 seasons) as it had been a good one (first 4). And that final season went beyond mere shark-jumping and into the territory of invalidating everything that ever happened in the show.

Last edited:

Assassin's Creed... I started playing the first game, and it just didn't do it for me. And I've never felt any inclination to try to get back into it or any of the later games.
The first game is very proof-of-concept. As such it is definitely repetitive and can get tedious. I would at least play Assassin's Creed II before writing off the entire series.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Excuse me! The 80s provided some of the greatest fantasy films in the repetoire

12c2b7ca5cc54842731a0acf5c4a7ed8.gif

ccs

41st lv DM
(This was also when I rewatched the original Star Wars trilogy and thought for the first time in my life, "Huh, maybe Star Trek is better than Star Wars after all." Or maybe that's just what happens when you get older.)
No, what generally happens with SW/Trek is that at some point you realize that, despite sharing alot of elements (space ships, lasers, aliens, etc) they aren't really the same type of thing.

One more:

Ocean's 11 - A well written and acted heist movie with a great cast doing a heist movie should have been absolutely my thing. But set one EMP off downtown and you're not a heist crew - you're a completely callous set of terrorists.
Yes but... moral judgment and artistic evaluation are two different things at all... I mean I do not evaluate a movie or a film looking the adherency from what happens in the movie and what I think must happen in a morally perfect world.

Remove ads