D&D 5E A tweak for the Battlemaster fighter

dave2008

Legend
Turn the 0.5 Advantage for the Battlemaster off, give a 100% chance of reaction and bonus attack to all classes, and look at row 70.
The highlighted bit is unrealistic, by a large margin. If that is what you need to do to prove your point, it just shows how off base you are.

Quartz

Hero
The highlighted bit is unrealistic, by a large margin. If that is what you need to do to prove your point, it just shows how off base you are.

Change it down to 50% and look at row 70 and you'll see that the Battlemaster still sucks.

To save you the bother:

Base Dmg/Day 601.4 Base Dmg/Day 512.8 Base Dmg/Day 648.0 Base Dmg/Day 580.5 Base Dmg/Day 626.4

Yup, the BM still sucks.

And from where did you get 2.6 attacks for the ranger? I assume that was a typo.

dave2008

Legend
Change it down to 50% and look at row 70 and you'll see that the Battlemaster still sucks.
I can't speak for @Esker 's spreadsheet as I haven't had a chance to review it in depth. However, the one he posted showed a slight edge to the fighter (very slight, like 1 point I believe) at 11th. My spreadsheet did the same (but a larger margin). @FrogReaver 's spreadsheet did as well.

Now, because you have not argued in good faith previously I cannot trust your adjustments to @Esker 's spreadsheet without looking into in more detail. But if your taking the assumed build (from your OP and my post #104) and giving it 50% bonus actions and reactions that is way too high. The ranger bonus action would be 0%, as we have previously proven, and reactions would be around 20% (that was Esker's assumption I believe) to 33% (my assumption).

Per my spread the BM is doing over 700 damage / day @ 11th which would be highest on your list. But we are not comparing apples to apples so I realize that has little merrit.

And from where did you get 2.6 attacks for the ranger? I assume that was a typo.
Probably a miss reading of your post from my phone.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Turn the 0.5 Advantage for the Battlemaster off, give a 100% chance of reaction and bonus attack to all classes, and look at row 70.

Why not set them both at 200%. Or how about 1000%. Heck what about -500?

#I can pick random percents out of thin air too

Remove ads