• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) A5E Warlock Stories

Xethreau

Josh Gentry - Author, Minister in Training
The A5E warlock opens a lot of design and story space, so it got me wondering. What kind of new warlocks are y'all thinking about these days, given the changes in lore?

A few altered aspects that come to mind:
  • INT or WIS or CHA as spellcasting ability. Is your warlock intellectual, devoted, or beguiling?
  • "Who" the patron is and how a pact is formed is more broadly defined. Any cool new patrons or pact-binding stories?
  • The archetypes each list examples of who warlocks of that archetype are. Any builds based on these examples?

And to get things started, I'll give you my character:
Name: Korzak Honorblood
Origin: Orc, Stoic Orc, Cultist, Knowledge
Class: Diabolist Warlock (Int) (Fire)
Korzak is a revivalist for an ancient orcish god of fire and knowledge. Worship of that god was forbidden long ago by colonizing forces, but Korzak has established contact and is learning "the old ways" of orc fire mages and priests. Brutal, stoic, and centered on honor, he is an ideological hardliner when it comes to orcish culture---but in non-orc maters, he is sensible and open-minded. He always carries fishing tackle with him, ready to cast a line at a peaceful moment's notice.

xiphumor

Legend
I have an idea for a Warlock/Druid called the Thunderbird that takes advantage of how Eldritch Blast is no longer a spell and can therefore be used while wild shaped. Turn into a Giant Eagle, fly up a ridiculous distance, and spam Eldritch Ray (ideally with Eldritch Spear).

Remove ads