D&D 5E aasimar all humans?

hopeless

Adventurer
I'm more inclined to believe Aasimar and Tieflings can be born to literally anyone if the child was conceived or exposed to the relevant planar energies.
That doesn't mean they can't be half fiend or half celestial its just another way to explain their back story.
Ultimately its the GM/DM who decides whether that's possible!
Just be careful as that can easily scupper whatever you have planned!

Had a player run a Fallen Aasimar Folk Hero Paladin of Sarenrae.
Came up with the idea that his character's parents were killed by starving peasants and he fell because he was forced to kill them in self defence.
Nothing about why he was a Folk Hero.

I eventually altered that to his parents being ambushed and he was rescued by a member of the city guard.
Due to an attempt to cover up the incident the outrage brought about the creation of a new order of Knights called the Free Knights that took charge of the lower city instead of the Royal Guard.

The above only made it clear I really should have gone with a session zero before starting running that game!

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I totally allow my players to have non-human aasimar, tieflings, and genasi. In fact, I'd like to see it done more. I basically tell them to use the aasimer, etc stats, but describe them whatever race you want. The only mechanical change I would make is to make Size match the race.

Remove ads