• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Aasimar/Tiefling 1st Level Character

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Nonlethal Force said:
And ... if you are looking to strengthen your argument, btw, it is really more than 4 skillpoints. it is four skillpoints + 1 skillpoint every level after that. Rather significant, if you ask me.

Agreed, though I think that was my original argument (post 12, above.)

;)

Nonlethal Force

First Post
I swear you edited that and found a way for the forums to not show it. Cause I did not read that the first time through.

Totally my fault, not yours ...

And of course, I would say according to using the human as a frame of reference. ;)

Just had to et that in. Seriously, though. If you ever want an LA to look pitiful, compare it to the halfling. Halfling's get a crapload of stuff. Granted, a halfling that is not a rogue won't be able to use half of it - and that is part of its balance. But if you want an LA race to look bad ... put it up next to a halfling.

LA traits vs:
Ability mods (which self-balance so not really an issue)
small: +1 attack and AC ... but must use smaller weapons. But in reality we know that at higher levels we shouldn't be getting most of our damage from the damage die - it comes from the magical enhancements and ability enhancements, right?
Small Hide: +4 racial bonus on hide checks
+2 Racial Bonuses: climb, jump, move silently, listen
+1 Save bonuses: ALL saves
Fear save: Additional +2 on saves vs fear effects
Thrown Weapons: +1 attack with slings, daggers, etc...
And a bonus language ... which is really just icing on a very nice cake.

You have to admit ... even a 1st level human can't make that up with a bonus feat and 4 skillpoints. Now, they can put a dent in it over time with their skillpoints. But at level 1 ... not much compares to the set-up of a halfling rogue (or scout if using Complete).

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads