D&D 5E About the artwork...

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Those are both "subjective" statements, according to what you imply is subjective, it's just that the former sounds like facts.
I made three sets of example statements: one was a set of observations of objective traits of the art. One was a set of subjective evaluations of the art. The third was a set blanket judgments about the art’s overall quality.

Daëgoros

Villager
They were produced by a professional artist, have been displayed in art museums and had been sold in art auctions for over 100 000 euros. I don't think there is any question of their status as object d'art.
The hell he was professional.
"If a Bleeep sold for a lot, it's art."
Your reasons are Bleeep, just like the so-called art.

Mod edit: Nothing to see here folks. Move along. ~Umbran

Last edited by a moderator:

Daëgoros

Villager
I made three sets of example statements: one was a set of observations of objective traits of the art. One was a set of subjective evaluations of the art. The third was a set blanket judgments about the art’s overall quality.
"The thing seems like this"
"I think the thing seems like this"
"The thing is this"
Two out of three are the same.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
"The thing seems like this"
"I think the thing seems like this"
"The thing is this"
Two out of three are the same.
The difference is in what “seems like this” refers to. In the first case, it refers to objective, observable qualities. In the second it refers to opinions. If you can’t tell the difference, I can’t help you.

Daëgoros

Villager
The difference is in what “seems like this” refers to. In the first case, it refers to objective, observable qualities. In the second it refers to opinions. If you can’t tell the difference, I can’t help you.
Anything with an adjective/adverb has the capability to be used subjectively.
"He walked fast"
"Really? I thought he walked slowly..."

The hell he was professional.
"If a can of naughty word's sold for a lot, it's art."
Your reasons are naughty word, just like the so-called art.
Well, the art world obviously accepted it as art, thus it is art. The end. An internet opinion of some uneducated philistine that doesn't know what avant-garde is really doesn't matter one bit.

Daëgoros

Villager
If it is an artifact created to express something, it’s art.
Only if it has a meaning. Representing something. That's why (most) abstract art is terrible. Humans are made for order, and random specks of nothingness is stressingly ugly.
I do like Japanese symbols though. And things that use color in a beautiful way.
That brings me to the next point.
If something isn't good (morally), true, or beautiful, it isn't art. Say it or not, like it or not.

Remove ads