• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Academy of Drell, Part IV

Zhure

First Post

Marching order (assumed):
FRONT
..^..
<-----Kith
Charlotte
<-----Keith
Arana
<-----Rallyn
Victor
<-----Maerath
Ellie
----->Sildarin

Keith moves up to where Charlotte and Keith in the fore, blade drawn.

Charlotte talks to the huddled group about perhaps attacking the golem, but points out the apparent insanity of tackling it head on.

Kith suggest a distracting astral construct... and they briefly discuss the idea.

Keith suggest he provide the distraction, but Charlotte instead takes the fore and manifesst an astral construct to go retrieve the crystal.

The golem-like dwarf remains crouched down, looking at the psicrystal, it's facial structure moves as if it is squinting at it ... but that's clearly impossible for metal to move so facilely.

As Charlotte concentrates on manifesting material from the astral plane, the golem gazes toward the group its head cocked inquisitively, no longer paying attention to the crystal.

Jeremy

Explorer
Damn it, I ain't gonna do this without at least trying, if not, we're buggered anyways.

Rallyn calls out to the thing that is looking directly at them with it's head cocked ary. "Um, hello there! Don't mind us, just chasing down a lost crystal. We'll be out of your way in just a moment."

Diplomacy = 19 (15 roll + 4 mod)

That's my boy. Cool heads shall rule the day.

Yeah, sure. And if he splats Charlotte?

He looks friendly enough to me.

Everyone looks friendly to you, that's the only part of my psyche I imbued you with.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Damn it, focus! Make the construct, get the crystal, then deal with the golem. But only after I recover my psicrystal.

"Be cautious, Rallyn." Charlotte says out of the corner of her mouth, still focused on manifesting. "Don't provoke it, or anything. At least not until I retrieve my psicrystal."

Dalamar

Adventurer
Sildarin's expression seems to turn a little desperate, luckily he's behind everybody else and they can't see him.

Now what are they doing...?
I think that the human, who tried to suck Keith's insides out through his mouth, is trying to retrieve her psicrystal. That's the one I wanted to talk with but you chickened away, once again.
It wasn't my fault, I did try to talk to her and establish a minimal communication between you and her psicrystal. But then she saw Keith and forgot us.
Meaning you chickened out and didn't dare to say anything to stop her and keep talking with us.
No!
Atleast then I saw her quite well from the front, now I can only see her behind. Altho I must say that it's a nice behind.

Last edited:

perivas

First Post
Sudden realization!

Arana begins to back out of the tunnel, past the others. She pays special attention to try to assess whether or not the tunnel is growing in size as she moves along.

[color=sky blue]As implausible as it seems, I postulate that the tunnel has been slowly shrinking us the whole time as we had moved forward. However, it was impossible for us to discern this effect as the tunnel was obviously narrow to begin with for us. This dwarf is normal size, while we have shrunk! Arana begins testing her theory.[/color]

Tokiwong

First Post
Keith waves his blade waiting....

"Easy, Rallyn, I understand the sentiment, but cooler heads will prevail here..."

Foolish little thing...

"Hurry Charlotte... I really have a bad feeling about this thing..."

Last edited:

Jeremy

Explorer
Rallyn whispers through his open smile towards Keith, attempting to keep his lips from moving, "I'm thinking quite calmly. If you'll notice, it already sees us and the drawn weapons. This is already headed for a fight. If my words work, they work, if they don't, we're no worse off."

Rallyn feels like the smile is plastered on his face as he awaits some sort of response.

Zhure

First Post
it.speaks.

Marching order (assumed):
FRONT
..^..
<-----Kith
Charlotte
<-----Keith
Rallyn
<-----Victor
Maerath
<-----Ellie
Sildarin
<-----Arana

Rallyn calls out a few well-thought-out peaceful words to the creature further down the tunnel.

Charlotte quietly cautions Rallyn to be careful while she concentrates the few seconds it takes to manifest an astral construct.

Sildarin looks a little panicked as Arana scurries past him. She has also has a panciked look, perhaps even more-so than Sildarin, for a change.

Keith waits to see if Rallyn's words have any effect, but leaves his blade quite visibly out.

The creature turns more squarely to the group, it's posture changes from a squat to more of kneel with a single knee on the ground, laying it's pole-axe on the ground but still keeping a firm grip on the weapon's haft. The face of the creature changes again, as if it's consternated by Rallyn's words.

Without moving it's mouth, a voice rings out -- apparently from the creature. Clearly these are words and not incantations, but they're not understandable.

"Quorath he'ga sh'tor?"

Arana, Charlotte and Victor recognize 'quorath' as being an ancient dwarven term meaning literally "I ask." Victor (rolling well on bardic lore) recognizes the etymology from a place name Quoratika, a dwarven freehold lost in antiquity which was considered by many to be the first library.

Jeremy

Explorer
Rallyn smiles at the big metal dwarf. Most likely it has responded in simple Dwarven, simple but for the fact that Rallyn has no earthly idea what it said.

Least it isn't tearing into Charlotte...

Lichtenhart

First Post
Victor begings wondering about the strange language of the stone dwarf, so he takes some steps forward, casts a Prestidigitation (A.s.f. roll=59) and as he speaks to the creature with the oldest dwarven dialect he knows, at he same time he writes what he says in the air with runes of light.

"I can't understand you; can you understand me?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads